Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New GTS C4S

tp81 said:

I take it from the sticker in the back window that you've seen the latest Petrolicious video on YouTube?

If not and you're an Alfa fan, you might want to check it out. :thumb:

:thumb:

Cracking pictures, loving all the cars on this thread! Commentary on the GTS is making me really look forward to mine...bring on May!

Wow, both stunning, but the Alfa is outstanding.

Is it just me that thinks the GTS looks like it is riding too high? I would have said that was -10mm too as it looks really high in the photos.

tp81 said:
I did not expand too much on the handling but happy to. His old car was 991.1 C4S, Auto had a proper drive in this when we went to Skye last year.

Lovely car but if I am honest not that focused. I would say similar to my M5 and certainly no where near the 997 GTSRS or my 993. Enjoyable but floaty.

The new GTS Gordon ordered is manual (not sure about seven forward gears - probably get used to just ignoring no. 7 unless on the motorway) with rear wheel steering and as I have discovered 20mm lower ride height. Last night we went on long country roads, tight bends and mixed surfaces. Car wasn't phased at all. I drove half of the journey. Very flat cornering, not real pitch or roll under heavy braking or cornering. Bumps and pothole soaked up with no groans. The car is a real step up from his last C4S. Really stable and as a bonus it pops and farts on overrun. All round, bloody awesome.
:thumb:

Tom , I would be interested to know more detail as to how the new car is better than the gen 1 car ..... I am considering a 2wd GTS, either gen1 or 2 and am concerned whether much of the N/A engine note is lost with the new cars being turbocharged ?
Any other distinct improvements?

Terry

Terry, his last car was a std C4S, not a GTS car. Also an automatic box. Contact points on the new car, lowered suspension, manual, alcantata wheel and seats. It just all feels right and closer to a GT3 without the aero.

On the exhaust, not sure what they have done technically but the note is really good, menacing and strong. No issue with this being affected by turbo being in line. My old 993 turbo suffered a bit from this despite the silencers being hollowed out and sport cats.

Looks wise nothing in it, but the difference between the std and the GTS is significant. I don't have enough experience of the power delivery on his last car or this one if I am honest (25min drive). The one thing I would say is that the power delivery is good and very linear. Doesn't feel or sound like a turbo but has all the advantages of low done torque. Changing down to 2 or 3rd at high revs the car still felt poised and really eager for revs. It's is pretty special. Top class for those who are waiting, there wont be any disappointments.

Like the new exhaust arrangement, not sure if this is std.

Alam said:
Cracking photos of the 991 - i think i need a daily driver C4S now... Please used market, bring the prices down....

:)

We should talk! :?:

Last one of the Alfa, took this tonight.

8)

tp81 said:

8)

I'm guessing that you are a keen amateur photographer (or maybe Pro) as your photography skills are incredible.

I'm really sorry but that Alfa is gorgeous!
Had two of these as daily drivers in the eighties and fantastic rewarding drive if you have the balls. Problem is we are all used to the modern safety gear which we ignore at our peril! Just taken delivery of a gen 2 targa 4 absolutely std apart from wheels paint etc, no sports exhaust as I liked the pure look of the base car. They did suggest the sports exhaust to me but after my Vantage 4.7 911's engine didn't come near to that aural delight! Sorry!
Must admit I would be really tempted by the GTS Targa next time but for some reason they insist on the black centre lock wheels which I dont like, sliver would be better for me.
I'm not all that convinced how fast a car needs to be when we have roads like Glenshee on our doorstep too!

Wish I'd kept my Alfa!

tp81 said:

8)

Tom , your Alfa is seriously beautiful mate .... I have been hankering after one of these for years but having been away a lot , I didn't have the time to find one .... I am still looking but must get one .....

Thanks for the info on your mates GTS.... I need to drive one I think to hear the exhaust ....
I have fitted a Kline inconel system to my Turbo (S) it's good , the note changes when the turbos are on boost and on the overrun slowing down but it's not like an N/A car .... so .....a GTS has been on my radar for a while now ....

Not sure how to embed this in the thread

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back