Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tramont Cup wheels (Speedline RS style) for the 993

Cheers for the info, might send them an email. Although on the other hand do I really need another set of wheels :D

Just painted a set of Veloce RS tonight.

Came out nice 8)

F129235D-8D88-4709-A7A5-52C93F3B6B70_zpsftubtktf.jpg

2E7E54B5-7E54-4CDE-9C7F-6B44D6C1416C_zpsr83ega7n.jpg

534551DF-5273-428B-8FB2-17795B534308_zpsfawqorei.jpg

Vey nice :thumbs: look forward to seeing how they look on your car 8)

Colour looks spot on. :thumb: Did you go with Steel Grey Metallic 61W?

Check your pm.

C.

€3168... Blimey, not cheap. Maybe the Veloce need a second look instead!

For that price i'd keep a lookout for some genuine Speedlines. You should be able to buy and refurbish for a similar cost with the bonus of the value increasing as the years go on...

C.

Exactly my thoughts.

New the Speedlines are £6095.64 a set from Porsche. They remanufactured them recently; currently 52 fronts and 30 rears available from Germany :wink: :thumb:

Tobesetc - indeed, not cheap! I was happy with what I paid in 2016 which included a further discount from Mr Tramont himself... I'd been in contact with them for 6 months on and off prior to the order so they probably sensed my desperation :lol:.
Of course, the optimal time to place an order would've been prior to the GBP tanking in June 2016 :what:.

Despite the above, I think you'll do extremely well to find any high quality 3-piece split rims in 18" for less than £2.5k. The Veloce are significantly cheaper for a reason...

cableguy said:
For that price i'd keep a lookout for some genuine Speedlines. You should be able to buy and refurbish for a similar cost with the bonus of the value increasing as the years go on...
Not entirely convinced you'd be able to (i) find a second hand set of genuine Speedlines and (ii) then refurb them, for the cost of newly manufactured Tramonts :?, ...but in addition to cableguy's & NottsRS's posts, another split-rim option you may want to consider is the BBS LM which should also hold their value well (on top of looking super cool :worship: of course) should that be a key consideration for you.

ch3tman said:
Despite the above, I think you'll do extremely well to find any high quality 3-piece split rims in 18" for less than £2.5k. The Veloce are significantly cheaper for a reason...

Sorry for the thread revival - but was directed here from the 'New Chapter' thread.
Does anyone have any experience of the Veloce rims?
They do look good, and at 1k a set seem very reasonable.....

AndyS said:
ch3tman said:

Sorry for the thread revival - but was directed here from the 'New Chapter' thread.

I looked at a 964 (before buying the 993), the car had Veloce split rimes (black centres) visibly they looked ok but Ive read they can rust and they are no where near as light as standard Cup wheels let alone the Speedline/Tramont offerings.

Ian

I was pretty sure I was going to go veloce.

However when I saw them I couldn't bring myself to do it, basically the bolts are plastic and them seemed to discolour / fall out.

I was very lucky to find a 2nd had set of tramonts and I really couldn't be happier !!

Phib

AndyS said:
ch3tman said:
The feedback in the above 2 posts is consistent with what I also read. Further feedback on Rennlist too.
That said, NinjaPower went for them and they looked ok.... cannot comment on quality of course.

911livin has a set of Tramonts for sale; maybe ask him? ...unless they're the set phib has acquired per above post :)

Yes I am afraid I bought them !!

Now on my car

Phib

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back