Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 993 this week ?

Mike:) said:
New person here and today my Iris Blue 993 C2 Manual had a Porsche Classic oil service with filters as per their advertised price, new exhaust heat shields fitted x 4 and new fittings. Four new bumper supports plus I had a pair of new very shiny Dansk exhaust tips fitted to replace the standard skinny ones. Really pleased and all carried out at Portsmouth OPC.

How much did that little lot cost :eek:

Mike:) said:
New person here and today my Iris Blue 993 C2 Manual had a Porsche Classic oil service with filters as per their advertised price, new exhaust heat shields fitted x 4 and new fittings. Four new bumper supports plus I had a pair of new very shiny Dansk exhaust tips fitted to replace the standard skinny ones. Really pleased and all carried out at Portsmouth OPC.

Hello Smiley Mike - are you a new owner?
Tell us more about the car.... and post some pictures :thumbs:

ARP said:
A pair of front glass headlamp lenses from Germany, and a new rear reflector.

Hi Can you tell me where you got them from in Germany and what the cost
was?

Also do the New lenses come with the plastic lower section (that becomes discoloured)?

Thanks

I reply to above, yes they come with plastic ruffled section at the bottom which yellows with time, it's that that makes a big difference.

Chap in Germany sells on eBay I believe, just watch the postage charge can't remember what it was?, Carparts4less are £100 each less their discount.

Same Magneti Marelli units

Trev

After great advice here on the forum about the Eurocarparts deal recently on the side/foglight units, finally got round to fitting them! Thanks for the heads up.

33535788836_5ceb46b8b9_c.jpg

33575869565_5ed672d97e_c.jpg

32762071413_35ae0db36e_c.jpg

Mike, I must have missed that offer, they are showing at £250 each!

Sorry about that but it was a great deal back in January, highlighted here on the forum at £164.49 each.

Mike, Never mind, thanks for the idea.

However I am really not sure what to do now. I had the nearside lens replaced by the garage a while back and it now make the offside look discoloured, so I might just get a replacement lens.
On the other hand looking at some of the forum comments, the duct and fog seems to be favoured, although that would mean getting them sprayed up...and I do get some LED bulbs with the HID kit I have ordered from ToreB...decisions decisions?

So the 19's have been taken off, and I have bought a set of new 18" Veloce RS wheels.

Painted the centres in GT2 grey tonight. Came out super nice. Also got my mechanic to fit a set of -35mm springs tonight.

Also just fitted an RS steering wheel.

The wheels will be wrapped in a set of P Zeros tomorrow and I'll get them put on.

Been a busy week!

20557F2E-D5DD-4D56-962A-F8522FE315F7_zpseuczdomr.jpg

534551DF-5273-428B-8FB2-17795B534308_zpsfawqorei.jpg

2E7E54B5-7E54-4CDE-9C7F-6B44D6C1416C_zpsr83ega7n.jpg

F129235D-8D88-4709-A7A5-52C93F3B6B70_zpsftubtktf.jpg

motivator said:
Mike, Never mind, thanks for the idea.

However I am really not sure what to do now. I had the nearside lens replaced by the garage a while back and it now make the offside look discoloured, so I might just get a replacement lens.

The offer is still almost available through carpartsforless on ebay @£175, that seems to do almost exactly the same stuff as europarts ebay shop, at a slightly cheaper price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-9...en:993&hash=item462cd2d7a5:g:f04AAOSwLa9UVOvH

I managed to get my OPC to pretty much price match the rear reflector strip with carpartsforless last week. £282 vs £280. Looking tonight, it has risen to to £291 on ebay. I'd better go and pick it up :thumb:

After fitting a high level brake light on the S2 which was pretty easy, decided to do the same on the 993 which was not. It's an idea from a guy in the Netherlands using a tube of leds under the lip at the top of the rear window. I used the T64 socket behing the rear shelf for power and I am in the daunting process of feeding the wires to the ouside without drilling through the metal. It involves releasing inner and outer seals a bit and burrowing through the sealant, almost there.

Well they are here, so fitting soon.. (maybe next weekend) new ARB's as well while I'm at it.
MOT passed yesterday so nothing holding the car (or me back) 4mm left on the tyres so I have to get that burnt off, and then get a new set of Michelins on before the car is checked over by Centre of Gravity.

32865873434_29b0549be7_k.jpg

Can't wait for the rain to stop.. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back