Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Collected my 997.1 GT3 today!

Cunno said:
Porsche centre caps will fit OZ wheels

I don't think it's a direct lift and drop though is it? I need to look closer, but I seem to remember the Porsche caps have clips on the edges, but these OZ wheels don't have any clips/places to attach centre caps hence the glue? I'll have another look tonight

Senoj said:
Disco said:
Roro said:
Also, bit surprised at the crap quality of the OZ centre caps. They're stuck on very poorly with crap glue.

Yeah - that shouldn't have been a surprise I am afraid. Back when I had a 996 on OZs I had that happen to a centre cap from one of the wheels before I even got it on to the car...

I'd forget the centre cap issue until i had sorted out those rusty wheel bolts...

That's also on the to-do list for this summer :D

Roro said:
Cunno said:
Porsche centre caps will fit OZ wheels

I don't think it's a direct lift and drop though is it? I need to look closer, but I seem to remember the Porsche caps have clips on the edges, but these OZ wheels don't have any clips/places to attach centre caps hence the glue? I'll have another look tonight

Your centre cap hasn't fallen out just the oz sticker fallen off. I have GT3 OEM caps on my OZs so they do fit.

Best option is to lever the stuck on bit off (not hard as the glue they use is crap) & then Araldite them back on. My centre caps have held together well by doing this. Eventually you will lose the front ones due to the heat from the brakes making the plastic soft & then they can no longer hold on.

I have a load of spares here...

Nice one, that's sounds like a little project for me over the weekend... :thumb:

(PS - you've picked up an old SC? You need to start a thread about that new project of yours 8) )

For the first time EVER (well, in my ownership since 2011), I've decided not to do an annual service. Rather appallingly, I've only done 2000 miles in the last year, and servicing is every 12k/2 years. I don't even see the point in an annual oil change as I haven't done any trackdays since 2015. I'll still be taking the car in for a health check at Brooklands soon though when they do the MOT, to keep on top of anything that needs doing... Or should I just do a minor service anyway? That just seems completely pointless to me given the miles I've done since the last oil change last July
:?:

I would do an oil & filter change. It's cheap Insurance. There's no need to pay OPC prices for it though.

That Mobil 1 stuff does 24 hrs hard graft in the back of the 911 rsr at Le Mans...

Just saying.

Senoj said:
That Mobil 1 stuff does 24 hrs hard graft in the back of the 911 rsr at Le Mans...

Just saying.

At the end of which the engine is completely rebuilt. Also just sayin' ;)

RoRo's oil has done 60 hours & will have a lot of fuel contamination which race engines don't suffer from as they are hot all the time they're running.

:thumb:

I'll stick to the plan of opc health check when I do the MOT, and then do an oil and filter change separately. I bought loads of Mobil 10w60 a few months back on sale at Halfrauds

10w/60?

Why so high?

Nick also uses his car alot more differently to you as well though

ps got a Smart 44 as a holiday rental, 8k on the clock and the stop/start function made the car breakdown

There's a million threads out there on which oil to use. When I switched to 10w/60 I was doing regular trackdays. I suppose I could switch back to standard oil but then I do think this oil is "better" for the engine based on my research

Smart ForFour, yes I've noticed the stop start is a bit sluggish, to the point where I've told the missus to make sure she switches it off when she goes anywhere. She's now in the habit of hitting the off switch whenever she starts the car. The car's great fun to drive, but I won't have it long, maybe another year or so at most. I think stop start can be downright dangerous in many situations e.g. on approaches to roundabouts when you need to give it a boot just as the engine goes off...

Spoilt for choice w servicing in Herts.

OPC Hatfield (for those who want a OP stamp)
Jaz - St.Albans
JZM - Kings Langley
RPM Technik , Tring

I use Jaz and all positive (and have used JZM in the past - again all positive).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back