Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2017 £112k 493bhp 911 [991.2] GT3, Welcome back manual GT3

My grovelly email went in first thing this morning, as instructed by my dealer...

Got a misspelt reply a little later... lol

s2000db said:
My grovelly email went in first thing this morning, as instructed by my dealer...

Just out of curiosity, what was the reason stated that you won't be getting a shot?

FZP said:
s2000db said:

Just out of curiosity, what was the reason stated that you won't be getting a shot?
l

They haven't as such, just said they've noted my interest... lol

This surely has to knock the prices of the 991.1 a bit. I hope it knocks the 997 and 996 a bit to although probably less so.

The only problem is people with lots of money tend to be lazy drivers so I am sure the number of manual GT3 sold will be low. I should not all of them but minimum effort certainly seems to be the norm.

Long live the manual.:thumb:

Pip

GT4 said:
Cheeky buggers!

Just read the manual is a "No cost option"!!

FFS

I note to ADD a PDK on the standard models is £2,388 :x

There is no rhyme or reason to how Porsche price the GT3 and the options on it. The standard car is the same price as a nicely specced GTS and much cheaper than a 911 Turbo.

Ultimate halo product/pricing. And what a product it is!

9000 rpm...my oh my.

Should offer them to long term GT3 owners who have not flipped for a profit.

Pip1968 said:
This surely has to knock the prices of the 991.1 a bit. I hope it knocks the 997 and 996 a bit to although probably less so.

The only problem is people with lots of money tend to be lazy drivers so I am sure the number of manual GT3 sold will be low. I should not all of them but minimum effort certainly seems to be the norm.

Long live the manual.:thumb:

Pip

Quite a statement there young man......... What evidence do you have to make that assumption re ' people with lots of money tend to be lazy drivers' ?

The split of PDK/ manual remains to be seen but even so the description that a PDK driver is a 'lazy driver' is more than a bit inaccurate.....

T

911TEL said:
Quite a statement there young man......... What evidence do you have to make that assumption re ' people with lots of money tend to be lazy drivers' ?

The split of PDK/ manual remains to be seen but even so the description that a PDK driver is a 'lazy driver' is more than a bit inaccurate.....

T

See page five of this thread....

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1300062#1300062

jotaking said:
Nice!...with you on everything, however I think I would go PDK.

Mainly down to my hamfisted driving skills and being lazy!

apollokre1d said:
911TEL said:

T

See page five of this thread....

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1300062#1300062

jotaking said:
Nice!...with you on everything, however I think I would go PDK.

Mainly down to my hamfisted driving skills and being lazy!

Wowee......
Strong admission ...but...I'm not sure that it's the same reason for all PDK choices ....there is obviously more input in the manual and it is definitely more of going back to our basic skills when we all drove manual cars and 'automatic ' gearboxes were not the norm , but I guess that everyone has their reason for making their individual choices ....

I would like to think that there will be a good number of manual boxes will be specified to justify Porsche's decision to reintroduce the choice, especially after all the media / public outcry when the choice was denied for the gen 1 iteration.

Time will tell ......

It's a beautiful version ...as usual....personally , I think it should have 4 seats .....😀😎😎🤓🤓

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back