Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My GT3 restoration and upgrade thread

Is it just me?

Why do I love pictures of cleaned up wheel arches and underskirts?

Think I need help!

Nice work mark.

I sent you pm with the part number for the rs rear air ram from design 911 so hope you can get one.

Where did you get the grills for front bumper? Made them up?

Nick

Jotaking - you are not alone....although it does amaze me the number of people who obsess about polishing and washing the paintwork, who never give a thought to all that crap and muck all over the suspension and underside....

Thanks for the heads up with the part Nick, 9excellence did the grills, they were £250 fitted....result!!

There has, I am afraid to say been a hiccup in the work, the exhaust did arrive Monday, but did not fit.....once the issue has been identified, the part in question needs to be returned to Felix, altered and sent back...so car defo not ready this week, maybe next week sometime... :sad:

Excellent work Mark :thumb:

Makes me want to get another GT car :wack:

911UK said:
Excellent work Mark :thumb:

Makes me want to get another GT car :wack:

There was a nice red one for sale a few weeks ago :sad:

markturner1960 said:
Bit of work this morning - changed out the engine mounts and fitted the tips back on, quick test drive, all seems good:

Did you clean the engine bay or did it come 'clean', taking inspiration from this thread ive decided to do mine but just wondered if you covered the electronics or not bother?

On my old Honda i did but then some people i know didnt. Im just looking to do the painted parts with the degreaser and then hand clean the rubber/plastic

Thanks

Doing a great job! Love a yellow GT3 too. Keep it up Mark :)

Check this out.......

Worth the wait methinks.....cant wait to hear what she sounds like....

The engine bay came pretty clean, but i did go over it, as it got pretty dusting when blast cleaning the underneath. As you say, was just careful where I pointed teh pressure washer.

A1 mark. totally awesome. will be an amazing sound

markturner1960 said:
Check this out.......

Worth the wait methinks.....cant wait to hear what she sounds like....

That is going to be LOUD!!!

Nice work!!

What make is the exhaust and will it pass track day sound limits?

Lovely Mark, incredibly clean! You'll be scared to drive it surely ;)
Did you go for Inconel or SS? I have recently fitted an Inconel system so I can relay how I found this system: I am totally amazed by how cleverly developed it is. At idle it is much quieter than a PSE and this theme carries through to anything <50% throttle. Once you start giving it the beans though it screams. It really is a fantastic system. I have an Akrapovic full system on my 997RS and that is just lairy 100% of the time. Felix has somehow found a way to give you the best of both worlds. I can't recommend these systems highly enough :) You will have a permanent :D on your face. Well done :thumb:

Thanks, I am collecting it this morning....... :D :thumb:

I went SS as, the iconel was silly money, although very cool.

I am hoping its not too silly noise wise, but not too bothered as will likely just do selected foreign track days in it. Have a noisy day booked at Donnington with the POCGB, also, Felix is making me some track turn down tips, which I am told by Nick at uber 9's help a bit as well......

ken has dyno'd it and its around 23 BHP up on standard with further adjustment and possible gains to come as the ECU adjusts to the new set up, which is cool.
Just heard from Gert as well, my E88's have arrived...it's like Christmas!!!

I think itll be noisier inside the car more than outside as youve kept the rear oem side boxes (unless these are new and the insides are gutted?).

My prediction is that itll be 103dB @ track testing conditions

kingston said:
I think itll be noisier inside the car more than outside as youve kept the rear oem side boxes (unless these are new and the insides are gutted?).

My prediction is that itll be 103dB @ track testing conditions

Having played the aftermarket exhaust game and having a Kline system on my car I'd say that will be well over 105 at 3/4 revs.

Are they 200 or 100 cell cats? My Kline system with 2 extra silencers and 100 cats pulled 105 dbs at 3/4 rpm without cats it makes about 112dbs.

you heard mine at Rockingham (didnt you?), that was 105db (from memory) at 3/4.

That was straight pipe out of oem cats and headers.

When i met Stuart, his was louder in car with the non-oem cats he has but had some silencers than mine but mine was louder outside.

Either way im still sticking with 103db @ 3/4

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back