Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 GT3 who's getting one ?

Marto said:
Hi Jotaking. Thanks. I had an August ETA but managed to move it to December since I will wait for a manual. PCCB, buckets, CS pack, LED, leather/red stitching, axle lift are the main add ons. Graphite blue, platinum wheels, camera, carbon trim, rain sensor, tinted glass, 90l tank, passenger harness and leather wheel are the other options currently.

Nice!...with you on everything, however I think I would go PDK.

Mainly down to my hamfisted driving skills and being lazy!

jotaking said:

The PDK is awesome. I am very familiar with it and can't fault it at all. Just not what I am looking for in this particular car...

Marto said:
jotaking said:

The PDK is awesome. I am very familiar with it and can't fault it at all. Just not what I am looking for in this particular car...

...I couldn't agree with you more ! :thumb:

Not feeling the love for graphite blue currently so back to GT silver. Most options are easy decisions, i cant seem to stop flipping and flopping on the color though !

Marto said:
......or maybe agate....

Agate good...alternatively no one ever got fired for getting a bright coloured GT3 :)

Lovely spec - my ideal one. Good luck!

LaSource said:
Agate good...alternatively no one ever got fired for getting a bright coloured GT3 :)

Lovely spec - my ideal one. Good luck!

Cheers! I hear you and its tempting but its not where my thoughts are taking me at the moment. That could all change tomorrow though...

Didn't take too long to settle on the spec. It is pretty well justified by the intentions I have for the car so I see few, if any changes being made before I have to lock it down.

Marto said:
jotaking said:
Hey Marto

Well done fella.

What's the spec?

PDK or Manual?

Do you know ETAl??

Hi Jotaking. Thanks. I had an August ETA but managed to move it to December since I will wait for a manual. PCCB, buckets, CS pack, LED, leather/red stitching, axle lift are the main add ons. Graphite blue, platinum wheels, camera, carbon trim, rain sensor, tinted glass, 90l tank, passenger harness and leather wheel are the other options currently.

I have tinted on my 991.2 Targa 4S and it looks good but I've not got that on my GT3 spec because I think the cage should be visible from the outside and not hidden?

Kryton said:
I have tinted on my 991.2 Targa 4S and it looks good but I've not got that on my GT3 spec because I think the cage should be visible from the outside and not hidden?

Depends on whether you specced the cage for vanity or safety I guess! :?: :grin:

Just my view, but I hate tinted rear windows. Makes otherwise beautiful cars look slab sided like vans. Have never specced it on anything!

Kryton said:

Which is inadvertently an amusing piece of irony given that a GT3 is the only 911 where tinted rear glass isn't an unreasonable idea given that between the wing and the cage you cannot really see much out of the rear screen anyway. (And if you are getting all "motorsport look" - the latest RSR with the mid-installed engine is blacked out at the back).

In general though - why would people opt for tinted rear glass in a 911? It isn't as if you generally find high profile media personalities in the back seats of them hiding from the cameras :dont know:

weejimmy said:
Kryton said:

Depends on whether you specced the cage for vanity or safety I guess! :?: :grin:!

It's a road car only and I do think the cage is part of the GT3 look.

Kryton said:
weejimmy said:
Kryton said:

Depends on whether you specced the cage for vanity or safety I guess! :?: :grin:!

I think most people spec it because it's the "must have" spec or at least has been to date.

Personally I think the must have is Bucket seats because so few "Comfort" spec cars come with Buckets that is the real reason for the pricing differential. I've seen a couple of pictures of 911 R's with the comfort seats or "sofas" as they call them on Rennlist which is a crime IMHO!

Cheib said:
Kryton said:
weejimmy said:
Kryton said:

I think most people spec it because it's the "must have" spec or at least has been to date.

Personally I think the must have is Bucket seats because so few "Comfort" spec cars come with Buckets that is the real reason for the pricing differential. I've seen a couple of pictures of 911 R's with the comfort seats or "sofas" as they call them on Rennlist which is a crime IMHO!

I think buckets are a must and yes "comfort" seats are a crime on this car

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back