Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 996 this week......?

good news for you,,,,,,cool....another 500 tomorrow and you are there ready!!!

I will get mine back again next week. Gearbox, driveshafts, lsd, y pipe painted, meth/water injection tested and some other odds and ends

Flappy Paddle conversion on a manual steering wheel and rear parking sensors yesterday.

Might let SWMBO take it for a gentle drive now! :) :thumbs:

Front drop links. That's my front end rattle sorted! :thumb:

I'm going to be gathering parts throughout this year for next winters suspension overhaul.

2 new top mounts - £46 for the pair.

GT3 RS front bumper spoiler :D :D , still need to replace the ignition switch and wire up my PSE switch for my lovely new exhaust system :thumbs: :thumbs:

955matt said:
GT3 RS front bumper spoiler :D :D , still need to replace the ignition switch and wire up my PSE switch for my lovely new exhaust system :thumbs: :thumbs:

Come on Matt! Piccies please of said bumper in place m8...!! :D

Osh

Not a planned purchase, by any means. New alarm module and 2 keys!
Out of the blue had a flat battery a couple of days on the bounce. Little bit of checking pointed the finger at the alarm not going to sleep properly. Once the module was out it was bone dry, as was the floor and actually looks perfect inside and out.
So bit the bullet and £700 later all is fine again and as a bonus I now have 2 nice new keys.

As a side bar I wonder if there is anyone out there that can repair these modules?

Just fitted a pair of nice original GT3 buckets, they feel really good. Cant wait for a good run out.

32784232354_8e98f22dd8_z_d.jpg

33626973975_bbf269061d_z_d.jpg

Kind Regards

The OEM ones are much better that the D911 items or ones on ebay.....well done

New Top Gear Large Bore Manifolds bought today.

Thats now the whole lot, Top Gear Manifolds, 200 cell Sports Cats and Valvetronic Back Boxes :thumbs:

Lets just hope it sounds good :?:

Oooh large bore. I like the look of those. Without starting a whole debate on manifolds and what a great job the originals were, do these unleash any power/noise???

Hi Andrew,

there are claims that the bigger manifolds give you hp gains, but I honestly don't know. As for sound, my mate has the same setup as me at the minute apart from he has the stainless manifolds and his sounds so much better than mine, which is why I've bought those... I'll put a link on to a YouTube video once I've fitted them

Thanks
Craig

Can I ask how much they were? Is there a link? And as far as the 200 cell cats go (as they are also on my to do list). Are people always going for the X pipes? Or the ones that pass around each other? And is it worth doing the bigger 63mm ones with the bottle neck or stay with the smaller ones??

Thanks
Andy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back