Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 GT3, when will I actually find out if I'm getting one?

DRZ911 said:
seanyboy said:
Yeah def vary from dealer to dealer and how much they like you! by all accounts i don't think they are getting many cars to start with, one dealership said 7, another around 15. I did have a sit in my first porsche, a gen 1 car but not the spec i would choose.

The thing that really gets me about the whole GT3 allocation saga is that the Gen 1 car that you may eventually purchase will be close to the same price as a Gen 2, have had 2-3 owners, maybe 5-15K miles, has some compromises on the spec and is maybe 2-3 years old. Yet the OPC is happy to punt this out alongside a new Gen 2 car (at the same price) sitting in the same showroom.

So, so ironic from a company that says that it does not profiteer from its normal volume models. :wall:

For me personally, much as I love the idea of a GT3 with my heart, my head says to give it a miss so long as this hypocrisy exists. :nooo:

I totally agree with what you are saying, but these are independent companies and not Porsche themselves, any business is out to make money and if the cars are going for that can you knock it?!
Don't get me wrong I hate the thought of paying the same as what a new car would cost for a used one but for me it would need to be the right spec before i can commit, I'm ion no rush anyway, i need to sell a couple of old fords first!!
Whats peoples thoughts on buying these types of cars private?

Bigfra said:
Still not been told yes or no :bye: :nooo:

The old cynic in me might think this means it's really a "no" but the longer they can keep you on the hook the longer they can keep hold of your ten grand!

What a way to treat customers. You must have the patience of a saint Bigfra.

I was told by Porsche, that there was no guarantee that deposit payers would get a car, and that it was MY responsibility to build a relationship with my dealer... :eek:

Says it all really!

I suppose the thing is you do have to make sure that someone at the OPC knows who you are (preferably in the sales dept)....there are certainly plenty of people who have no history of buying or owning a Porsche that want these cars so you need to differentiate yourself from them. Sadly there's no room in that model for an enthusiast owner that has say bought and run various GT3's over the last ten years all bought from independent's. They're probably the ideal owner but they just won't get a look in.

s2000db said:
I was told by Porsche, that there was no guarantee that deposit payers would get a car, and that it was MY responsibility to build a relationship with my dealer... :eek:

Says it all really!

Dealers don't take deposits now on GT cars until they know they can supply the customer with a car, I paid my deposit when my DP assured me of my build slot for Sept/Oct delivery

My colour choice is between Red and GT Silver but cannot make my mind up which!!!!!

I have that in writing btw..

My OPC invited me to place a deposit three weeks ago (having previously expressed interest) which I did. I was explicitly told at the time that the car was not guaranteed. Whether this is them playing it safe until they have all their allocations I know not....all I do know is that it's doing nothing for my peace of mind !

As I may have written previously I think Boltongate has had an impact...lets say I am in line for a 2018 car. If the OPC tells me I have a car and puts it in writing and then Porsche scales back production for some reason next yearI've now got a claim against them potentially. So until the OPC has those slots allocated firmly they're in a difficult position.

I was told I might have to wait two months before I know!

The worst thing is the lack of consistency.

Cheib said:
My OPC invited me to place a deposit three weeks ago (having previously expressed interest) which I did. I was explicitly told at the time that the car was not guaranteed. Whether this is them playing it safe until they have all their allocations I know not....all I do know is that it's doing nothing for my peace of mind !

As I may have written previously I think Boltongate has had an impact...lets say I am in line for a 2018 car. If the OPC tells me I have a car and puts it in writing and then Porsche scales back production for some reason next yearI've now got a claim against them potentially. So until the OPC has those slots allocated firmly they're in a difficult position.

Yes I'd agree on the lack of consistency between OPC's but I've been told all dealers 2017 build slots have been allocated so who knows :weed:

Kryton said:
s2000db said:

Says it all really!

Dealers don't take deposits now on GT cars until they know they can supply the customer with a car, I paid my deposit when my DP assured me of my build slot for Sept/Oct delivery

My colour choice is between Red and GT Silver but cannot make my mind up which!!!!!

Neither... Black with those white rear lights. And yellow PCCB of course.

Kryton said:
Cheib said:

Yes I'd agree on the lack of consistency between OPC's but I've been told all dealers 2017 build slots have been allocated so who knows :weed:

There are people on Pistonheads insisting their OPC haven't allocated any cars yet. If that's the case all I can assume if that the OPC's have their allocations from Porsche GB and are sitting on them....why on earth they'd be doing that I don't know!!

Do you know when they will get the 2018 allocations ?

Norfolk & Idea said:
Kryton said:
s2000db said:

Says it all really!

:eek: Black needs far to much looking after sorry :)

Kryton said:
Norfolk & Idea said:

:eek: Black needs far to much looking after sorry :)

Black with smoked rear lights and black LED headlights. Silver or platinum wheels and the aesthetics are done.

As for looking after - keeping it polished is a fools errand, so just use it and let it get dirty. :thumb:

The red will look stonking...but the yellow calipers won't work with it !.

Yes, you must choose your brakes the same way you would your tie.

:floor: :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back