Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Price of Shell V max

Porschekit

Suzuka
We all know that fuel prices go up ad down (mostly up) by a penny or two (or five) every now and again but in my two local Shell garages the V Max premium fuel has always been 8p per litre more than ordinary unleaded.

However today I see that both garages have put their ordinary unleaded down by 2p but have left the V Max the same so it is now at 10p per litre more than ordinary. :x
I asked at both stations why and no-one could give me a answer :dont know: I sure that when they put the ordinary up again the V max will go up too.
Is this the same across the country? (I'm in the North East) and am I just being a miserable old twonk in trying to save £1.10p per fill up which is £57.20 per year, in other words another fill up...

Yours sincerely
Miserable old twonk

Use tesco momentum 99 ron

I only use Tesco Momentum 99 RON even though I have a Shell supply near me. I have no insights on Shell's pricing policy and approach.

I always had assumed that the vmax tanks get used less so if they brought it at x price it wont go up until they refill the tanks which is less often than the regular stuff . but thats just what I thought not based on any facts :dont know:

£1.49 a litre at the motorway services on the way back from VMAX today! I decided to not to fill up! :eek: :eek:

AdeD said:
£1.49 a litre at the motorway services on the way back from VMAX today! I decided to not to fill up! :eek: :eek:

£1.49 sounds about right when I filled up at Keele Services on my way to the ferry home. It's the only 99 the car will be seeing for a while so bit the bullet. Northern Ireland only goes as high as 97 Ron.......

Shell V-Power $1.39 here at the moment... :bandit: ....85p

But cars are 2x the price!!!

Jim.

I never notice the difference in any petrol forecourt because generally they only display 95ron and the diesel price. Maybe if the company's did display the price differences buyers would opt for the cheapest more often.

Doesn't answer your questions but it's one of those scenarios where it is what ever it is. A bit like gas, electric, council tax, pay it and forget about it.

On the Tesco website it claims using Momentum 99 uses up to 6.2% less fuel to travel the same distance as regular unleaded. Plus I can't find their prices online.

There's one way to help loosen up from being grumpy by having a fuelgenie card it saves on average 3pence a litre and it's free to apply for. Look it up on the Internet, FuelGenie :thumb:

Jim45 said:

Jim.

Jim thats a dam good price and it just shows how much tax is applied in the UK so how do you stop the fuel running out as your upside down in OZ :floor: :floor:

Phil 997 said:
Jim45 said:

Jim.

Jim thats a dam good price and it just shows how much tax is applied in the UK so how do you stop the fuel running out as your upside down in OZ :floor: :floor:
:floor:

Momentum seems cheaper. The shell fuel station had no stock, went to Tesco . It was £1.17

The v power in Nottingham was £1.26 . Something

Worth noting that non-shell or non-supermarket stations that sell 97ron fuel have made this significantly more expensive than 95ron to the point it is subtantially more expensive up to 10p a litre more. This is a similar price difference that v-power has to the equivalent shell 95ron fuel but is 2ron points lower.

Makes v-power look relatively less expensive compared to standard 95ron unleaded from the same station.

I tend to stick with one brand ........ Shell V-Max ........ some Shell petrol stations are cheaper than others ........ but what's to be done has to be done and I don't worry overly about it ........ I just wish our government(s) would not piss it all against the wall and do f'ck all about our roads ........ and there is other stuff ........ but best I not go there because it really f'cks me off.

£1.26 yesterday when I filled up. I only ever use V power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkey
Back