Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Boxster 986 roof problem

mzmini

Barcelona
Number 1 daughter rings me this morning 'cos her boyfriend's gone out in her Boxster 986 and got the roof stuck open ..... what I am I supposed to do when I'm 200 miles away :?:

I know - I'll ask you fellas on here if anyone knows what might have caused it and if there is a quick fix :idea: I've already said to check the fuse but beyond that I've no idea. :dont know:

If anyone can help before the sun goes in and the rain arrives, she'd be very grateful :wink:

Since nobody has yet responded I will throw the obvious answer out there : have they read the handbook for what to do yet? :?:

Thanks Disco my daughter's on the road going home from here the idiot boy friend has the IQ of 2 cracked walnuts not much chance of him thinking for himself :floor: :floor:

There is an emergancy procedure in the hand book and also a tool in the kit .

There is a relay , either black or blue above the fuse board , its a double size one , you could try " tapping it " !

Depending on the year though it might have the switch in the n/s roof gearbox and when this fails the roof will open but not close , ive had some success " knocking the crap out of it " thats a technical term btw .. but usually if its this type then you will need a new box fitted .

Edit

You really should phone me with anything like this young man as i dont look on here until the evenings :)

You have a PM Mr Dermot :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back