Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 997 and I

Very nice detailing job, not a swirl or blemish in sight... :thumbs:

Thanks Guys.

Today has been a good day :grin:

The mot had expired a couple of weeks back and I've not been able to get it done without starting the detailing all over again.

Anyways my local mot man is an avid Porsche fan and owns a GT3 , he also knows his way around one so as this was the first mot under my ownership I told him to go through it with a fine tooth combe . While it was up on the ramp we had a good look at everything and his comments were " it's a good one" :D

With a new ticket issued I headed off to the nearest Shell for a fresh tank of V Power and then a good hour or so drive.
It's been a while since I've driven the car and soon realised just how special these cars are. :grin: I was just as excited today as I was picking it up nearly a year ago.
I'm also really pleased with how the cabin now feels since having the centre consol painted it's a big improvement.

About six I popped out again another 70mile round trip and as dusk fell started to head home grinning from ear to ear.

:thumb:

Right as promised a little on process and product.

It was a multistage process.

Firstly a good snow foam & wash.
I then applied fall out remover to remove any metal contamination and followed this with Tardis tar remover.
With that done I clayed the body and ended up with smooth clean paintwork ready for the polishing.
Stage 1 was with Megs 83 using a Rupes yellow fine pad and stage 2 Swissvax untrafine polish with a white ultra fine Rupes pad.
After all that the nice final bit application of 2 coats of Swissvax Onyx wax to seal in and protect the shine.

It's a fair bit of work but I'm pleased with the results so for me worth the effort

:thumb:

An early start this morning to head south for the Total 911 meet at OPC Portsmouth. This is the second time the event has been held and it's well represented by the 911.uk south coast crew so banter was a plenty :grin:
A good day was had by all :thumb:

What leather treatment was used ?

The leather has been cleaned with LTT leather care Auto foam and Auto Maintain.
They are water based products which work very well and keep the lovely matte finish.

Had a run up to Porsche Indy RSR Auto services in Bromsgrove today for an oil service, check over and to have a low temperature thermostat fitted (precautionary measure)

Richard is a top man inspires confidence and your guaranteed his personal service. The cars in good hands :grin:

All simple and straightforward the job was soon done. Inspection of the oil filter and cartridge housing was found to be completely debris free.

Richard had completed a major service 12 months and 2700 miles ago the car has always enjoyed regular servicing so I'll be keeping this going. I prefer annual oil changes to me it's just common sense.

On the way home it's was noticeable how much cooler the car is now running. Oil temperatures have dropped from 97/8 to 92/3 degrees according to the gauge.

35421755920_5a36603e9e_k.jpg

Thanks Matt, 10/10 is strong but I do try. :thumb:

Headed up to the Bicester heritage drive it day yesterday, an old WW2 airbase that still operates as an airfield and hosts a number of engineering, motorsport and car restoration businesses.
Some rusty hanger doors provided the back drop for a few pictures :D

35769810526_ed3cd1cc1d_k.jpg

35810503665_233b7f43bd_k.jpg

35000404593_79ad0dd677_k.jpg

34970400674_d1b43711c6_k.jpg

34970385354_6a1a953684_k.jpg

35000388863_62a4d95412_k.jpg

35421790460_ebeaac1ce7_k.jpg

Kev some of those pics of yours with the Jags against the rusty hangers could be posters they are so cool .just missing scantily clad totty. :floor:

Nice pics :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Kev some of those pics of yours with the Jags against the rusty hangers could be posters they are so cool .just missing scantily clad totty. :floor:

If sandal wearing men with beards counts as totty Phil the place was flooded out :floor:

Absolutely love E Types (who doesn't) so photobombed them with the 911 :grin: The old v new worked quite well :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back