Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 ...... A quickish investment

I wonder when people will start buying 964 retro'd cars and turning them back to OE spec!?

Robertb said:
I wonder when people will start buying 964 retro'd cars and turning them back to OE spec!?

I considered the backdate route with my C2 but pleased I didn't. I have done a few mods but nothing that is not reversible (I have a 964 corner in my loft!)

Having said that, I did have a good look at Paul Stephens creations at the London Classic Car show two weeks back ... nice work. :thumb:

Re: Better move fast...

Westporsche17 said:
I'm also toying with the idea of buying a 964 and while researching found that values of some models have doubled in the last 3 years, pretty crazy!

Good to see C2 and C4 values creeping up too.

I've included a link to the article I found below for those interested...

http://www.classiccarauctionresults.co.uk/porsche-964-double-value/

I had intended to do the same, but then insanity struck and i decided to save the 964 i had just purchased from the scrapheap as it would have been destined to end up there inevitably

To be fair, i'm surprised the engine didnt blow, though my mate who was driving it around (and knows nothing about 911's or the oil reader) thought the oil was too low and decided to top it up :eek:ut:

Result - Final nail in the coffin so a restoration was the only way out...

I considered the backdate route with my C2 but pleased I didn't. I have done a few mods but nothing that is not reversible (I have a 964 corner in my loft!)

Having said that, I did have a good look at Paul Stephens creations at the London Classic Car show two weeks back ... nice work. Thumb

I'll second that! Those were my exact original thoughts with my C2 but I decided to go for Plan B and upgrade it with various options which could be reversed (if necessary) although I doubt anyone would want to reverse a 3.8 Redtek blueprinted numbers matching engine.

Cheers,
Paul

paul284pt said:
I'll second that! Those were my exact original thoughts with my C2 but I decided to go for Plan B and upgrade it with various options which could be reversed (if necessary) although I doubt anyone would want to reverse a 3.8 Redtek blueprinted numbers matching engine.

Cheers,
Paul

Hi Paul

Missed your reply here.... I don't think you or anyone else would want to reverse anything you have done to your beautiful C2!
Touch wood, the engine in my car is currently running fine but the 3.8 Redtek version is definitely something I'm considering for the future.
Maybe now the weather is a bit better I may get to see your car for real.... and have a beer!🍻

Cheers
Mike

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back