Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 997 and I

Needed to pull my finger out and crack on with the detailing so I've spent a few evenings on the clay bar panel by panel.
Happy with the results the paint has cleaned up well following de tar and fall out stages.
Now the claying is complete I can start stage 1 of my 2 stage polish.
Time is getting on now so I need to get this done and get the car back on the road now that the worst of winter has passed.

Kev , That has to be the shiniest deepest silver Porsche I have ever seen mate . You have missed your vocation :grin:

Can you come down 3 days before Dinslaken and do mine :floor: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Kev , That has to be the shiniest deepest silver Porsche I have ever seen mate . You have missed your vocation :grin:

Thanks mate, I've not got to the polishing stage yet so The shiny bit is to come...... hopefully. :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Can you come down 3 days before Dinslaken and do mine :floor: :thumb:

Everything is possible Phil :thumbs:

Finally finished the detail this evening and pleased with the results :grin:

Looks amazing. Good job. A 20 day detail could be a record too!

Don't forget to drive it!

Kev Looks the biz mate. :thumb:

That looks stunning - very impressive.

I usually manage a wash and a coat of meguirs wax - which I am fairly happy with but not even on the same planet in terms of finish.

How about a quick run down on the process and what products you used?

Thanks guys. :thumb:

Rob,
Yes sure I'll post up some details on process and product later today.

Looks fantastic! :thumb:

Can't wait to get mine back and spend a day cleaning and polishing :D

That's absolute porscheography....beautiful.

looking good i thought you had been quiet and get such a finish on a silver car takes some skill :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back