Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ages?

k3bab said:
Having recently been to a little porsche get together, I am convinced that I am in the minority. Everyone appeared to be 40+ most invididuals looked closer to retirement.

A lot depends on the 'get together'. At 911uk gatherings I'm older than most but when I go to a PCGB meeting I bring the average age down by 50%. :D

In my experience 'motoring enthusiast get togethers' frequented bu under 30's tend to be cross-marque with just a few of them happening to be Porsche owners.

........ so that must make all the others well past 100 years old ........ lol

I was 42 when i got my first Porsche and last hopefully as i will be keeping it until i cannot get in and out of it LOL. Then it will be sold and i will buy a Bentley or similar !

Im 42 but have had a 911 for 8 years and had my first Porsche (a Boxster) aged 26.

I am one of those old gits reliving their youth having old bought my first Porsche at 60, I am now on my third at 64.
I did however get close in my late `20`s when I had a 356 engine in an old VW bus :D

There always seemed to be something else that took my money ..... like as has been mentioned, the 15% interest rates, but having paid off the mortgage and a few decent years at work I now have the car I always wanted ..... a Porsche turbo. :thumbs:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back