Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

97 bags and rising C2S

Doesn't do anything for me :what: White and grey is not a good colour combo.

I'm betting there's some shill bidding going on by the North America Chapter Illuminati, or some kid living with his nan who has accessed her computer whilst she's in bed :grin:

Cars of this 'alleged' calibre do not normally crop up on eBay from secondhand car dealers :roll:

US market is a tad different to the UK/Euro market. Not fussed on the 4x4 spec with those bloody awful bumperettes and grey intertior.

C.

Well the best thing is the colour ....... white ....... bwtf ....... classic grey interior!! ....... and I just absolutely HATE those black bumper nipples front and back ........ stupid Americans ...... :(

3000 miles on the clock. I just do not get that. Where's the enjoyment in just looking at a car? :what:

Perhaps that why I belong in 997 forum :grin:

Rob325114 said:
3000 miles on the clock. I just do not get that. Where's the enjoyment in just looking at a car? :what:

Madness, unless all you ever wanted was an investment although, with maintenance and storage was it really such a good investment? What a complete waste of a car though....imo and yes those black tits spoil the car for me.

If there is one thing in life i love....its nearly driving my car....crazy low miles which i can appreciate, is it me, or are there some serious stains on the headliner?

Albionmuz said:
Rob325114 said:

Madness, unless all you ever wanted was an investment although, with maintenance and storage was it really such a good investment? What a complete waste of a car though....imo and yes those black tits spoil the car for me.

Well exactly - an investment is a dubious claim given what has been achieved in the sale price here. The rough value of that car when sold in the US market in 1998 would have been $80,000. The Net Present Value of that principal amount (taking into account US inflation) is $116,000.

The car was sold for $125,000. So the investment, without costs taken into account, has netted the owner $9000.

Take off servicing costs, the cost of sale (through a broker), the opportunity cost of the storage space... (etc, etc) and this car cost the owner money.

If you're not driving it; you're paying to look at it.

Zingari said:
Doesn't do anything for me :what: White and grey is not a good colour combo.

I'm betting there's some shill bidding going on by the North America Chapter Illuminati, or some kid living with his nan who has accessed her computer whilst she's in bed :grin:

Cars of this 'alleged' calibre do not normally crop up on eBay from secondhand car dealers :roll:

Have to agree, while i dont mind the grey interior - the bumperettes, the high suspension and colour just don't do it for me.
Its investment grade so will be picked up by a collector and passed around to other collectors over the next 2 decades... Never to be driven again.

Shame...
:sad:

I've got bumperettes and 16" wheels, that's how the car came out of Stuttgart and I'm reluctant to move away from original, just me, others I know would change stuff :lol:

The main thing I noticed is that the car is shown at idle, fully warmed up and is only showing 1 bar on the oil pressure gauge :dont know:

Oh and of course the wheel caps do not point in the right direction, cigarette lighter looks correct :lol:

ATB :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back