Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC offered Swissvax for new car..

Kryton

is it worth it or can I apply it myself?

Kryton said:
is it worth it or can I apply it myself?
If they're just offering an application of Swissvax wax shield I'd say just give it a go yourself. It's straightforward and plenty of videos on the web if you want to do some home work. I just apply it with my hands, the wax just turns to an oil at hand temperature and then buff off. It's quite therapeutic and gives you another good excuse to disappear off to the garage. :thumbs:

I had the Swissvax applied by OPC when my PSE was fitted. Car looked amazing when I picked her up. Only problem was that by the time I arrived home it was all dirty again!

Don't like Swiss wax. Had it applied on new 911 turbo at OPC. Made it more difficult to clean. Ceramic coating is by far superior

Don't like Swiss wax. Had it applied on new 911 turbo at OPC. Made it more difficult to clean. Ceramic coating is by far superior

yes as others say swiss vax is very dated these days and actually dulls the shine compared to some of the moderner coatings

Gtechniq every time :thumb:

Crystal Serum or C1 Crystal Lacquer
with a EXOv3 top coat

This will be a stunning and long-lasting finish. :)

DRZ911 said:

with a EXOv3 top coat

This

k3bab said:
DRZ911 said:

with a EXOv3 top coat

This

+1. Turned down the SwissVax and had the full GTechniq interior and exterior treatment. Car is very easy to wash. :thumbs:

Can't beat good old turtlewax! Water just runs off, tenner from Halfords! Me cheap, never!

Hi,

I've had both Swisswax Zuffenhausen (specially formulated for Porsche paint) and Gtechniq on the same car and I would say if you intend to cherish your car Swisswax is the way to go (see below) but be mindful that you will need to keep doing it, Cleaner Fluid then wax, it's easy to apply though, it just takes time and elbow grease.

However if you don't like waxing yourself the go for a Gtechniq or ceramic type coating which is what I will have again on my daily driver which will shortly be a Macan Turbo Performance. Don't try to apply a crystal serum yourself you will need to get a respray.

Horses for courses.

Good luck,
Paul

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back