Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

RPM Technik CSR

PS Has anybody swopped the inserts themselves, I am assuming its just a case of removing the airbox, jacking up the engine and removing one mount at a time ?

I assume they were fitted with Loctite am I likely to have a problem removing them ?

fatboynash said:
Hello Axlesnap,
I haven't had the modifications that you speak of but I have modified my car quite heavily and it feels totally different to standard and much closer to a GT3. To date I have fitted solid engine mounts, semi-solid gearbox mount, short-shift kit, GT3 throttle bodies and intake plenum, lower temp thermostat and sports cats. The car was re-mapped at DMS and showed a genuine 409 bhp on the dyno. I'm in East Kent so possibly not too far from you, if you wanted to meet up one day and have a go in mine to see how it feels your more than welcome. PM me if you need any more info.

What was it showing before the remap ?

So before the re-map I'd had sports mufflers fitted (by Carnewal), 200 Cell Sports Cats, GT3 throttle bodies and IPD Plenum, the car before the re-map was showing 365 bhp. If you search on here 'Top Gear 997' you'll find a print out of the rolling road graph.

Oh yes i remember now the yellow launch car, still think thats really impressive 409 BHP, i still need to start saving for a plenum :D

As an update I found time today to get to RPMtechnik and meet with Ollie who had kindly offered to have a look at the car for me.

Almost immediately he agreed something wasn't right and we then tried his 996 with the same CSR flywheel and the difference was obvious.

Ollie thought it, was the engine mounts so he swopped out the Rennline ones and fitted an old set of standard OEM mounts they had. Immediately you could tell the difference and LWF still chatters at idle and up to 2500rpm but once moving is quiet and makes the engine very responsive.

In conclusion the CSR flywheel is as I expected and will be staying the Rennline mounts won't be going back on, I may try again to get a set of RSS mounts I have used before otherwise I will be staying with OEM.

Thanks to Ollie and RPM for helping me out today and Grant and Hartech for building me what feels like a great engine now I can bare to rev it :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back