Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What shock absorbers

911munKy said:
gc99634 said:
Anyone know anywhere that has the m030 kit available still? My OPC can't get me one.
I know there are none in Porsche stock anywhere for a 3.4 C2.

I fitted a 3.6 kit to my mine, different part number but same kit,
I think it was £885 inc VAT back in October + you get extra 5% off with PCGB membership. Obviously no postage if you collect as well.

Thanks for that much appreciated. Will give my OPC a call. :thumb:

911Munky do you mind telling me which OPC you used as my local one (Newcastle) are not being helpful. Any details of the part number would help. Thanks

0044.500.23 - 996 C2 manual coupe M030 kit for an 02/04 model, you will need to find out the code for other models as C4, convertible etc are different.

£886.07 at Porsche Tonbridge.
It normally comes with a 2 year warranty but they said that would be invalid if I fitted it to the earlier car as it was for a different model, it fits perfectly though and there is only a 50kg difference in weight between models (earlier is lighter) so less than between a full/empty fuel tank!
Gert @ Carnewal has sold loads of later kits for early 996 over the years without problem he says.
It won't drop the suspension much but that makes it practical in the real world although I'd does seem to have settled a little lower over a few months use.

The suspension is now firm yet more compliant, sporty yet great for the road, I combined the installation with a suspension refresh, also worth doing the 993 RS engine mount mod £150 as it really tightens up the car/engine oscillation feeling on long sweeping fast corners.

If they still won't supply the parts just get a reg from a later model car of the same spec as yours and give them that, they will then provide the part number & order the kit.

Good luck.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back