Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Lowering project 997.1 Turb - Geometry

marconorth said:
basildon993 said:
marconorth said:
Measured inside my garage it is 6 1/2" clear of the ground, so lowered another 20mm shouldn't theoretically be a disaster.

Just measured my lowered Turbo and it is 4 1/4" (approx 110mm) from the bottom of the front splitter to the ground measured on the centreline of the car. So nearly 60mm lower than yours! :eek: It scrapes quite a bit!!! But it looks the dogs. :thumbs:

It is on -20mm springs which actually lowered it 25mm when measured at the wheel arch centres. Running 9mm front spacers and 15mm rear spacers which work very well together IMHO. Once my car was lowered and the geo set the wheel spacers became a necessity as the additional negative camber my car is set up with pushed the top of the tyre in too far, so the wheels looked a little lost in the arches!

Thanks! So presumably you have the fast road setup?

Yup 'fast road' whatever that means? :?: It was set up by Parrs who fitted the springs. Definitely more negative camber, no under steer and better high speed stability seem to be the pluses.

If you're going down the lowering route with springs then I can recommend the TechArt springs - by far and away the best out of the available options (e.g. H&R, Eibach) ... they lower by 20mm, don't sag after a few months, and have been specifically engineered to emulate the standard ride comfort whilst achieving the required lowering (look great too!)

DeathStar said:
If you're going down the lowering route with springs then I can recommend the TechArt springs - by far and away the best out of the available options (e.g. H&R, Eibach) ... they lower by 20mm, don't sag after a few months, and have been specifically engineered to emulate the standard ride comfort whilst achieving the required lowering (look great too!)

I believe Eibach make the springs for Techart but to a slightly different spec to the ones branded 'Eibach'

15-20mm drop TechArt
20-25mm Eibach
25+mm H&R's

Not sure if anywhere (Uk or Europe) still sells the Techarts Deathstar???
Possibly discontinued!

marconorth said:
DeathStar said:

I believe Eibach make the springs for Techart but to a slightly different spec to the ones branded 'Eibach'

15-20mm drop TechArt
20-25mm Eibach
25+mm H&R's

Not sure if anywhere (Uk or Europe) still sells the Techarts Deathstar???
Possibly discontinued!

Speak to Tech9

http://www.tech9.ms/

Eibach do make the TechArt springs, but to the specs that TechArt developed independently - and the difference is well worth the time/effort spent in pursuing the TechArt versions ...

Thanks for throwing the TechArt springs into the mix. The drop seems about perfect for usability and comfort. I'll give Tech9 a call in due course :thumb:

I have TechArt springs right now, and I've found them to be excellent. Only the slightest change in feel when fitted which I soon couldn't tell if it was any different to standard.

I'll be fitting my new Suspension in June so my springs will be coming out.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back