Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Centre console paint/coat group buy

In case anyone was looking to add themselves onto this deal, it is over and you'll need to wait for another organised group buy before getting the deal.

Jay. said:
In case anyone was looking to add themselves onto this deal, it is over and you'll need to wait for another organised group buy before getting the deal.

Jay, that's a shame mate . Maybe start another GB thread and see if you can get the 10 interested parties, it took about a month to get enough on board with the last one . :thumb:

54F617FF-FA98-4660-9838-934CFD1026AA_zps1xnqlkot.jpg

Mine in yesterday along with my new lid and various carbon(ised) bits!

:)

Phil 997 said:
Jay. said:

Jay, that's a shame mate . Maybe start another GB thread and see if you can get the 10 interested parties, it took about a month to get enough on board with the last one . :thumb:

I asked about it but they're unlikely to do the deal again as apparently they did not make any profit in the end! Sounds like you guys got a great deal, and they look incredible... I'm more than happy to pay a higher price as they look so good

Jay. said:
Phil 997 said:
Jay. said:

I asked about it but they're unlikely to do the deal again as apparently they did not make any profit in the end! Sounds like you guys got a great deal, and they look incredible... I'm more than happy to pay a higher price as they look so good

Agreed mate the quality is so worth paying a bit more and getting a proper job. its a shame they didn't make any money doing them as no one minds a business making a bit of profit if they do a good job. I think they will probably see it as a loss leader as it has helped spread their good name and quality workmanship into the Porsche community. :thumb: :thumb: what have they quoted you to get it done not as part of the GB .

Phil 997 said:
Jay. said:
Phil 997 said:
Jay. said:

Agreed mate the quality is so worth paying a bit more and getting a proper job. its a shame they didn't make any money doing them as no one minds a business making a bit of profit if they do a good job. I think they will probably see it as a loss leader as it has helped spread their good name and quality workmanship into the Porsche community. :thumb: :thumb: what have they quoted you to get it done not as part of the GB .

I didn't get a firm quote yet, but estimated £250 Inc vat

What was the price on the group buy in the end?

It appears we had a bit of a bargain! :grin:

I was out in the car Saturday and the cabin feels much nicer now that the console is done :thumb:

Yep I think we did! I sent off another couple of pieces (sill sections) they cost £100 including the 20% discount. They did mention £100 is the minimum charge so make sure you send everything at once I think you get a better deal.
I know when we first started communicating with whicked a few people mentioned not getting a reply to emails quickly enough but that was sorted pretty quickly, after that everything went well. Good communication and I can't be more happy with the standard of workmanship! Hannah who answers the phone is brilliant! Always chases things and reply to emails quickly.
A great group buy!!

Cant remember what the final GB price was, Chris was it £150 or £180 something like that. I know they found removing the Porsche rubber coating and the prep was far more time consuming than they had costed for . So I would say just over £200 plus Vat would be about right without the GB price

Duffy said:

That Blue just looks stunning mate :thumb: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Cant remember what the final GB price was, Chris was it £150 or £180 something like that. I know they found removing the Porsche rubber coating and the prep was far more time consuming than they had costed for . So I would say just over £200 plus Vat would be about right without the GB price

The group buy was £150 I did think it was cheap! Even better I think I paid £210 for the seat backs inc vat and delivery.

silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:

The group buy was £150 I did think it was cheap! Even better I think I paid £210 for the seat backs inc vat and delivery.

That is an absolute bargain... Jealous I missed out!

It was a good deal - I asked for a price from my local Porsche approved body shop and they quoted £350

Thanks to the chaps that arranged it, and great job Wicked

Went to my Indy today, first time since I've had the work done. He loved the seats!!

Phil 997 said:
Duffy said:

That Blue just looks stunning mate :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks, certainly gives the interior a lift and glad the group buy was available!

Who wouldn't want more Riviera blue in their life?!?

6B596DAA-A59F-479C-A8C0-1EFFD0BB8304_zpsshv4enez.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back