Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 Targa 4S Lead Times

Getting all very excited now.

OPC Guildford emailed me during the week saying that the car was scheduled to be built this week. So a couple more weeks to allow for shipping and a life times dream will be realised.

Can't wait......

Fantastic!! 8)

Lasrblueexige said:
mahahahaha......mahahahaha

https://video.citnow.com/vtjLNwVL_N_

Porsche Guildford are a right old tease....no wonder I can't sleep tonight!!

I was in there yesterday getting my MoT done and there were a number of cars undercovers waiting for collection was one of them yours I wonder? Are you collecting today?

Photos

Attachments

• img_1331_749.jpg
    img_1331_749.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 4,300
  • img_1357_986.jpg
    img_1357_986.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 4,300
Very nice

That colour is STUNNING in the flesh :thumbs:

My boss's car:

IMG_1544_zpslsd8hzoy.jpg

Hello all, I've just taken delivery of my new Targa after waiting since last July,luckily I had a 4.7 Vantage to keep me company until January this year.
Went against the advice of the catalogue and we ordered it Sapphire blue with beige/black leather and classic carrera 20" wheels.

Car is fantastic, picked it up on saturday past but on trade plates as the whole Porsche registration system went down so I persuaded them to give it to us on the plates as no way could I wait any longer!!!
First drive was straight to Braemar via Ballater and past Balmoral Castle then back to Dundee via Glenshee. Top down of course, what a car but I was hampered by the better half telling me to slow down so had to let Audi's pass me :roll:

Anyway with the top down the heating system doesnt know what the hell to do and we needed to take it off auto and put the heat on high and fast fan speed to make it more comfortable. What to other Targa, Cab owners do with these settings?

Attachments

• img_276_143.jpg
    img_276_143.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 4,168
rodent.....that's lovely but I am clearly biased!!

Went for a run early Saturday morning with some of my Lotus buddies, Exiges and Elises (all modified) and a M6 Beamer. Left home 5 degrees but sunny. Dropped the lid, heated seats and steering wheel heating on, redirected the heat to my feet ,popped the fan speed to 50% and I was warm as toast.....was wearing a beanie though :D If I had been in the Exige with the lid off I would have been freezing!

I am still running her in, so 4,000 rpm was the official limit with the occasional treat up to 5,000. Fun knob dialled into Sports and the suspension stiffen she was an absolutely joy to drive. A big step up from the 997.1, the suspension seemed less harsh but with the same desired stiffness. The ambience and the feel of the cabin is just simply stunning and with the sports exhaust crackling and popping, it is simply divine. I loved the steering and really didn't feel any vagueness. I am on a manual and didn't miss a gear all day and loved the rev matching.....heaven knows it is a lazy way of driving quickly but to hear the car get it spot on every time was a true delight.

Heaven help me, I have been tempted just to go in the garage and sit in the driving seat to while away some time!!

How sad is that.....although you can't see me grinning you can probably feel it....

Running in :eek: forgot about that but the passenger side didn't let the throttle open anyway! I race post classic jap and european GP two strokes and they are lucky if they get 5 laps for the run in! Do these cars really need this? I wonder if the Silverstone cars get more than a lap!
I'll try your heat setting tomorrow although looking at the weather the top may have to stay up but that seems rude!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back