Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 GT3 who's getting one ?

LaSource said:
I'd agree with that...until the next one comes out :)

..the next one won't materialise till Geneva 2018, perhaps even later.

nick w said:
LaSource said:

Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock. :D

Senoj said:
nick w said:
LaSource said:

Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock. :D

Lol...got my dates muddled up, make that Geneva 2019 !..

I've been followng this thread with some interest. Is EVO really correct when they report there will be an unlimited supply of 991.2 GT3 cars? If so, why aren't 911.1 GT3 prices softening? The cheapest I've seen is a 2014 model for £119k when a brand new 991.2 is (as reported earlier in this thread) is selling for £111k.

~ Maxie :dont know:

Maxie said:
I've been followng this thread with some interest. Is EVO really correct when they report there will be an unlimited supply of 991.2 GT3 cars? If so, why aren't 911.1 GT3 prices softening? The cheapest I've seen is a 2014 model for £119k when a brand new 991.2 is (as reported earlier in this thread) is selling for £111k.

I know of at least six long term Porsche customers who have not managed to
secure a new build allocation for the latest car. I think that someone has led
Evo a bit up the garden path on this subject....and let's face it, "actions speak
louder than words".

Maxie said:

No. They are fake news.
It is not unlimited (in how that word means to the normal reader)

Just unlimited for the 3 months they have to to make as many as they can. So about 12 cars. Then no more. So it's unlimited but not as you know it ;)

All is not lost, new GT2 coming soon! :shutup: :floor:

paul284pt said:

FORGET IT !...zero chance...

nick w said:
paul284pt said:

FORGET IT !...zero chance...

Not every dealer will get a car, like the 991 R there will be a lot of 918 VIP
customers not able to get their hands on one either.

nick w said:
I know of at least six long term Porsche customers who have not managed to secure a new build allocation for the latest car. I think that someone has led Evo a bit up the garden path on this subject....and let's face it, "actions speak louder than words".

LaSource said:
No. They are fake news.
Just unlimited for the 3 months they have to to make as many as they can. So about 12 cars. Then no more. So it's unlimited but not as you know it :wink:
Thanks for the clarifications. I was rather hoping the 991.1 GT3 models will slide below the £100k mark but I suppose no chance of that happening. The GTS looks the next best thing.

~ Maxie

Maxie said:
nick w said:
I know of at least six long term Porsche customers who have not managed to secure a new build allocation for the latest car. I think that someone has led Evo a bit up the garden path on this subject....and let's face it, "actions speak louder than words".

LaSource said:
No. They are fake news.
Just unlimited for the 3 months they have to to make as many as they can. So about 12 cars. Then no more. So it's unlimited but not as you know it :wink:
Thanks for the clarifications. I was rather hoping the 991.1 GT3 models will slide below the £100k mark but I suppose no chance of that happening. The GTS looks the next best thing.

~ Maxie

That's unlikely for the moment....does depend to an extent on what the reviews of the .2 are like. Andreas P has been raving about the engine in particular in the new car and it also sounds like it's more rounded i.e. the suspension/chassis has a greater range to it (implication being the PASM in normal will be a bit more "accommodating" for road use). IF .2 is a really big step up you could see a lot of owners looking to change to the newer car over time so the 991.1 could become more affordable. That said GT3 market still looking robust...JZM sold a 997.2 GT3 CS car for £120k very quickly in the last few days...and a low mileage 996 GT3 CS for clsoe to £100k a week or two ago.

You could well see the hype around the new car creating a feeding frenzy for older cars. Bloke I work with is keeping an eye on 997 Gen II Turbo's with an eye to buying one...they are selling for big money very quickly.

Greetings all. Long time lurker but first post and stoked that my first post can be in the "who's getting one" thread - I am ! Not in the UK but from the UK so I hope will be allowed to play... ;)

Hey Marto

Well done fella.

What's the spec?

PDK or Manual?

Do you know ETAl??

jotaking said:
Hey Marto

Well done fella.

What's the spec?

PDK or Manual?

Do you know ETAl??

Hi Jotaking. Thanks. I had an August ETA but managed to move it to December since I will wait for a manual. PCCB, buckets, CS pack, LED, leather/red stitching, axle lift are the main add ons. Graphite blue, platinum wheels, camera, carbon trim, rain sensor, tinted glass, 90l tank, passenger harness and leather wheel are the other options currently.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back