Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 4
997 : 2004- 68
996 : 1997-2005 46
993 : 1993-1998 8
964 : 1989-1993 1
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 0
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 1
Early 911 : 1964-1977 1
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 1
Boxster : 1997- 17
Cayman : 2005- 14
Cayenne : 2003- 12
Macan : 2014- 3
Panamera : 2009- 2
912-914-924-928-944-968 5
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Body Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Shewie
Trainee


Joined: 01 Jun 2010
Posts: 76
Location: Guernsey C.I

2007 Porsche 997 Turbo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumb Yep. I'd be interested in a group buy at the right price.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Bikeracer1098
Österreich


Joined: 28 Mar 2015
Posts: 882
Location: Camberley, Surrey


PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on price, I would be interested
_________________
997.2 turbo
Aprilia RSV4 RF
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
str4nger
Newbie


Joined: 02 Nov 2016
Posts: 20



PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also be interested in a group buy
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
MaxA
Hockenheim


Joined: 11 Oct 2015
Posts: 698
Location: Helsinki


PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too. Grin
_________________
2010 997.2 Carrera 4S PDK in Carrara White/Ocean Blue - not quite stock any more...
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
rhino-man
Trainee


Joined: 17 Oct 2015
Posts: 97
Location: Kent


PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And me.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
porkyb1
Trainee


Joined: 10 Jan 2009
Posts: 73
Location: East Devon


PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently bought one directly from TPC as I could beat the Parr price because I already had US dollars.

Fitting is easy, assuming the connectors are not too tight but all covered in Tom's video.

I ran back to back tests at Silverstone on Goldtrack's October 24 day with Chris Franklin (Centre Gravity) and Gary Marsh (gary@aneed4speed.co.uk). We started with the DSC installed and then with the OEM PASM box. We are presently collating the (empirical) data but on road it is more compliant and on track it reduces initial dive on braking and stiffens loaded front on cornering (amongst several other things).

I think the reason it is more compliant on the road is that it runs Bilstein dampers from full soft (1500ma) to 400/500ma hardest whereas perhaps PASM might not run to 1500ma.

It operates through calibration tables (maps) defining a range of 31 data points for damper stiffness from soft to hard (front dampers are set to the same values [in ma] across the axle, similarly rears) with separate maps for Normal and Sport.

These damper calibration maps are accessed by other maps covering e.g. longitudinal and lateral G-force, first 1 second of braking, and acceleration which define which of the 31 data points to use for each damper.

So an illustration,

1. braking straight hard for a corner, the Braking map operates above a specified speed and brake pedal force thresholds for 1 second, and then

2. entering and through the corner the G-Force map takes over and stiffens the loaded front, and exiting softens the rears to help power out depending on the G-force loadings.

My car is a 981 Cayman S PDK with an Ehresmann 991 Carrera 3.8L engine and fully adjustable suspension fitted by Centre Gravity. It certainly helps road comfort as the car has quite stiff Eibach springs. On track, it helps on braking stability and getting on power earlier out of corners.

I am at Goodwood December 3rd and Silverstone December 10th to gather some more experience. I believe Chris Franklin and Pete have got a day off and will be at Silverstone so come and have a chat if you are at either day.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
rhino-man
Trainee


Joined: 17 Oct 2015
Posts: 97
Location: Kent


PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a comment on one of the other forums that DSC wont do a group buy directly, perhaps somebody wants to see if one of the UK distributors could do something instead. Anyone have a relationship with one of them?
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Bikeracer1098
Österreich


Joined: 28 Mar 2015
Posts: 882
Location: Camberley, Surrey


PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking of getting one of these.

If we can get a group buy of 10 or more I think it's possible to achieve a 20% discount or there abouts. PM me for further details.
_________________
997.2 turbo
Aprilia RSV4 RF
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
911TEL
Österreich


Joined: 29 Oct 2007
Posts: 894
Location: Inverness and Highlands

2011 Porsche 997 Turbo S

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

porkyb1 wrote:
I recently bought one directly from TPC as I could beat the Parr price because I already had US dollars.

Fitting is easy, assuming the connectors are not too tight but all covered in Tom's video.

I ran back to back tests at Silverstone on Goldtrack's October 24 day with Chris Franklin (Centre Gravity) and Gary Marsh (gary@aneed4speed.co.uk). We started with the DSC installed and then with the OEM PASM box. We are presently collating the (empirical) data but on road it is more compliant and on track it reduces initial dive on braking and stiffens loaded front on cornering (amongst several other things).

I think the reason it is more compliant on the road is that it runs Bilstein dampers from full soft (1500ma) to 400/500ma hardest whereas perhaps PASM might not run to 1500ma.

It operates through calibration tables (maps) defining a range of 31 data points for damper stiffness from soft to hard (front dampers are set to the same values [in ma] across the axle, similarly rears) with separate maps for Normal and Sport.

These damper calibration maps are accessed by other maps covering e.g. longitudinal and lateral G-force, first 1 second of braking, and acceleration which define which of the 31 data points to use for each damper.

So an illustration,

1. braking straight hard for a corner, the Braking map operates above a specified speed and brake pedal force thresholds for 1 second, and then

2. entering and through the corner the G-Force map takes over and stiffens the loaded front, and exiting softens the rears to help power out depending on the G-force loadings.

My car is a 981 Cayman S PDK with an Ehresmann 991 Carrera 3.8L engine and fully adjustable suspension fitted by Centre Gravity. It certainly helps road comfort as the car has quite stiff Eibach springs. On track, it helps on braking stability and getting on power earlier out of corners.

I am at Goodwood December 3rd and Silverstone December 10th to gather some more experience. I believe Chris Franklin and Pete have got a day off and will be at Silverstone so come and have a chat if you are at either day.


Great description of the functionality of the unit ...laymans terms , can't beat it .....
I like the sound of your Cayman with the Carrera engine ... A GT4 by any other name ....possibly better by the sound of the people involved with you?
T
_________________
Cayman GT4 Carmine red .. at last it gets the goodies it should have....
997 Gen 2 Turbo S Basalt Black -BBS CHR, Kline inconel exhaust, Polished Bliss air freshener...
Cayenne S diesel 850 N/ m torque!!!! Jet black
SL 55 AMG Obsidian Black
Brompton S2L Black edition
(All current)
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
porkyb1
Trainee


Joined: 10 Jan 2009
Posts: 73
Location: East Devon


PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the above. Developing the car makes one realise how much engineering time and effort OEMs put into car development.

Coincidentally, I am back at Centre Gravity this Friday for a check over of the suspension settings before Silverstone Monday 27th. I loaned Chris my DSC unit over Winter as I was out of action with a shoulder operation so he could get some direct experience of the box and mapping and he will be re-fitting mine on Friday and we'll go through my maps. Chris has met with DSC and I guess has added DSC to his solutions set and been fitting the boxes to clients' cars.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
rhino-man
Trainee


Joined: 17 Oct 2015
Posts: 97
Location: Kent


PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent Bikeracer1098
_________________
2010 997.2 C4S
2002 996 C2 Convertible
2002 986 2.7
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
apollokre1d
Indianapolis


Joined: 06 Nov 2012
Posts: 2286
Location: United Kingdom


PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting this fitted next month by 9e, was quoted £1K. Not sure if that includes fitting but will let you know.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Bikeracer1098
Österreich


Joined: 28 Mar 2015
Posts: 882
Location: Camberley, Surrey


PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollokre1d wrote:
I'm getting this fitted next month by 9e, was quoted £1K. Not sure if that includes fitting but will let you know.


I think they charge £40 for fitting

Did 9e quote you £1000 for this?
_________________
997.2 turbo
Aprilia RSV4 RF
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
apollokre1d
Indianapolis


Joined: 06 Nov 2012
Posts: 2286
Location: United Kingdom


PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bikeracer1098 wrote:
apollokre1d wrote:
I'm getting this fitted next month by 9e, was quoted £1K. Not sure if that includes fitting but will let you know.


I think they charge £40 for fitting

Did 9e quote you £1000 for this?


I am having other work done at the same time but I am pretty sure it was £1000 for the module yes. You have to order in advance as they sell out fast.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
DeathStar
Barcelona


Joined: 19 Apr 2012
Posts: 1447
Location: Inside the event horizon

2006 Porsche 997 Turbo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bikeracer1098 wrote:
apollokre1d wrote:
I'm getting this fitted next month by 9e, was quoted £1K. Not sure if that includes fitting but will let you know.


I think they charge £40 for fitting

Did 9e quote you £1000 for this?


Fitting the module is a 5 minute job for even the most cack-handed layman - only slightly more difficult than plugging your phone into its charger unit ... £40 for fitting really is paying money for old rope IMO ... Thumb
_________________
As above, so below ... and everything from nothing
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
graemeho
Nürburgring


Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 391
Location: Lincolnshire


PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bikeracer1098 wrote:
Thinking of getting one of these.

If we can get a group buy of 10 or more I think it's possible to achieve a 20% discount or there abouts. PM me for further details.


Interested , pm sent
_________________
997.1 Turbo Man
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
porkyb1
Trainee


Joined: 10 Jan 2009
Posts: 73
Location: East Devon


PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeathStar wrote:

Fitting the module is a 5 minute job for even the most cack-handed layman - only slightly more difficult than plugging your phone into its charger unit ... £40 for fitting really is paying money for old rope IMO ... Thumb


It took me 15 minutes to install in a Cayman because the multi connector "plugs" were really stiff (and being cack-handed) but beyond that it really is plug and play.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
DeathStar
Barcelona


Joined: 19 Apr 2012
Posts: 1447
Location: Inside the event horizon

2006 Porsche 997 Turbo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

porkyb1 wrote:
DeathStar wrote:

Fitting the module is a 5 minute job for even the most cack-handed layman - only slightly more difficult than plugging your phone into its charger unit ... £40 for fitting really is paying money for old rope IMO ... Thumb


It took me 15 minutes to install in a Cayman because the multi connector "plugs" were really stiff (and being cack-handed) but beyond that it really is plug and play.


Ok - 5 mins is a slight under-estimate ... Laughing ... but you know what I mean
_________________
As above, so below ... and everything from nothing
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
996ttalot
Approved Trader


Joined: 21 Sep 2009
Posts: 1236
Location: Horley Gatwick


PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We sell the DSC modules on regular basis. Last 2 weeks have sold 15 of them. They are really popular and we have installed them on all cars including 991RS etc.
If you have a 9x7 non turbo you also need an acceler as well which is a further £250+vat plus 2 hours installation. All other cars don't need it.

There are two version depending on the model. Later cars are v2 and earlier cars like 997 Turbo are v1.

Retail for v1 is £1065+vat and v2 is £1150+vat ( this includes delivery and import duties at current exchange rate.

I offer the best discounts on these, but only if there is a group buy so that delivery costs are significantly reduced.

As to installation it does not take long (depending on model). As regards to the £40+vat installation, that is purely because any car coming through the workshop has a minimum charge of £40+vat. Taking someone off another car, putting them on another all costs money.

Ken
_________________
nineexcellence.com
Tel: 01293 226911. Follow us on Facebook www.facebook.com/Nineexcellence
SALES, SERVICE, UPGRADES
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
   
Bikeracer1098
Österreich


Joined: 28 Mar 2015
Posts: 882
Location: Camberley, Surrey


PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

996ttalot wrote:
We sell the DSC modules on regular basis. Last 2 weeks have sold 15 of them. They are really popular and we have installed them on all cars including 991RS etc.
If you have a 9x7 non turbo you also need an acceler as well which is a further £250+vat plus 2 hours installation. All other cars don't need it.

There are two version depending on the model. Later cars are v2 and earlier cars like 997 Turbo are v1.

Retail for v1 is £1065+vat and v2 is £1150+vat ( this includes delivery and import duties at current exchange rate.

I offer the best discounts on these, but only if there is a group buy so that delivery costs are significantly reduced.

As to installation it does not take long (depending on model). As regards to the £40+vat installation, that is purely because any car coming through the workshop has a minimum charge of £40+vat. Taking someone off another car, putting them on another all costs money.

Ken


Ken

Just checking for clarification
Both 997.1 and 997.2 require the v1
991 require the v2

Only the 997.1 non turbo require the additional parts for £250+VAT

The 997.1 turbo and all 997.2 only require the V1 on its own

Thanks
_________________
997.2 turbo
Aprilia RSV4 RF
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 11 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum