Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Child car seat for 1 year old+

sideways

In case anyone finds it useful I just fitted a Britax Romer Duo Plus ISOFIX Car Seat in the back of my 991.2.
Fits perfectly on the seat base and is very secure with the isofix and strap. I tried half a dozen and it was easliy the best due to it's small footprint.

The little one can even sit behind me for short journeys with my seat pulled forward a little (I'm 6'3").
If anyone wants an image of it installed let me know.

Brilliant and yes very useful information, Thanks.

This was a question I was looking at asking, any chance you could post a pic with it fitted at some point?

sideways said:
In case anyone finds it useful I just fitted a Britax Romer Duo Plus ISOFIX Car Seat in the back of my 991.2.
Fits perfectly on the seat base and is very secure with the isofix and strap. I tried half a dozen and it was easliy the best due to it's small footprint.

The little one can even sit behind me for short journeys with my seat pulled forward a little (I'm 6'3").

I bought the Porsche seat and there is only the bottom runners on the seat and no top strap.

I tried the Roma Duo plus in my car (along with every car seat made) and it didn't fit correctly.

Six speed said:

This was a question I was looking at asking, any chance you could post a pic with it fitted at some point?
No problem, will post one tomorrow.

Kryton said:
sideways said:

I bought the Porsche seat and there is only the bottom runners on the seat and no top strap.

I tried the Roma Duo plus in my car (along with every car seat made) and it didn't fit correctly.
I assume the Targa has a different fitting. If i remember correctly you dont get the stay on the shelf?
Did you try the Duo plus? i went to Mothercare and made a nice lady climb in the back with loads of seats :lol:
The Duo plus , slide straight in, sat flat on the base, the only pig is trying to release the isofix on the wheelarch side, as it requires you to have about 4 joints in each finger...
I'm pretty sure i am now a member of an East LA gang with those finger positions!!

sideways said:
Kryton said:
sideways said:

I assume the Targa has a different fitting. If i remember correctly you dont get the stay on the shelf?
Did you try the Duo plus? i went to Mothercare and made a nice lady climb in the back with loads of seats :lol:
The Duo plus , slide straight in, sat flat on the base, the only pig is trying to release the isofix on the wheelarch side, as it requires you to have about 4 joints in each finger...
I'm pretty sure i am now a member of an East LA gang with those finger positions!!

You are correct no stay on back shelf

I tried the Duo Plus at Halfords and after the chap connected it in it took them 20 minutes to get it out with 4 staff trying one after another, it had to be removed because it didn't fit properly

Yes the Isofix wheel arch side was the problem also!!

The Porsche seat has buttons on the front of it to open the rear connections and it's a 10 second job to remove it/put it back, it was £300 though and well worth it.

I was going to get the Porsche seat but guildford didn't seem that bothered to test fit one which is why I went elsewhere. Money becomes no object when it's little sideways in there!

Weird that the duo sits flat and flush in a Carrera but not a Targa.

Six speed said:

Some images of the seat fitted.

[Edit]
For some fun reason the images have rotated on upload :?

Attachments

• img_2124_1_173.jpg
    img_2124_1_173.jpg
    729.2 KB · Views: 5,135
  • img_5078_1_169.jpg
    img_5078_1_169.jpg
    751.7 KB · Views: 5,135
  • img_5260_1_123.jpg
    img_5260_1_123.jpg
    791 KB · Views: 5,135
Just ordered my 991.2 gts, been doing my research as well this is really useful.

My notes so far..

Porsche car seat- group 1
BeSafe iZi Comfort X3
Cybex Juno 2-Fix
Maxi cosi Tobi
Britax Romer Duo Plus Isofix (can be difficult to get isofix out)
Britax evolva 1-2-3 plus

With apologies for the slight hijack, have you had any luck with a rear-facing seat? I'm trying to get a seat for a newborn in, and the isofix bases (which all seem to be leave in) either don't fit properly or leave zero space for a passenger. If it makes any difference, mines a wide body (Turbo S).

Thanks!

JD27 said:
Just ordered my 991.2 gts, been doing my research as well this is really useful.

My notes so far..

Porsche car seat- group 1
BeSafe iZi Comfort X3
Cybex Juno 2-Fix
Maxi cosi Tobi
Britax Romer Duo Plus Isofix (can be difficult to get isofix out)
Britax evolva 1-2-3 plus
Yeah it is fun trying to get the wheel arch side catch. I use my middle and fore finger like scissors to un lock it. Bit of a faff but nothing a bit of practice didn't get working. Usually tkes me about 20 seconds max to undo.
Good luck!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back