Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Discs and Pads time

andygenders

so think it is time i need new discs and pads on my 996 c4s. Any recommendations as I am not so sure the cost of original porsche is sensible. I won't be doing any track , only fast road.

PAGID discs and pads from carparts4less using their discount code off the home page. Might work out cheaper to split the order and use 2 codes.

It might also be worth checking out GSF car parts, not normally as cheap but with promo code 'WKD53' there's 53% off this weekend :thumb:

I went ECP - they always have at least 30% off.

I got pagid discs / textar pads. Textar pads are OEM, ECP also do sebro discs which AFAIK are OEM. I just reused the anti squeal shims from before

Just done my fronts with Sebro discs and Textar pads both from ECP (after advice from Hartech who do my general servicing. Just to say it was also cheaper going direct through the local ECP depot than it was on their website. Also replaced shims and wear sensors while I was at it - for a few quid more it seems like a sensible move while things were apart. If you go for Sebro just be aware they have two versions - one crossdrilled and one grooved so you need to tell them which one you want.

Cheers..........Ian

Did you do fronts or all round Ian? How much was it, if you don't mind me asking?! (And does the 40AE run same brakes as C2? Mine will need doing before too long)

Just did the front - cost was £251.90 including VAT. As above, 2 x Sebro c/drilled discs, set front Textar pads, 4 anti vibration shims and 2 X Pagid wear sensors (think they are the only make ECP do).

As far as I know the brake set up is standard C2 on the 40th AE - that's what they said when I had a quote from OPC for the parts (came in around £500, plus the VAT I think).

Apologies to Op if we are hijacking this thread a bit.

Cheers..Ian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back