Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Akrapovic exhaust (997.2) ** NOW INSTALLED **

Nik

As per title, just waiting for it to be fitted to my 997.2 C2S.

Just wondering if anyone has had one ? Doesn't seem v common.

Not very common due to price, however fantastic.

I've got full Akrapovic titanium full systems fitted to all my race bikes :thumb:

Yup, Akrapovic top drawer product commanding top drawer price. :thumbs: Let us know what you think when it's fitted.

Am I right in thinking nearly 10k for the full system :eek:

Caroline has a full evolution system on her 9e25, the quality of the manifolds and system is superb.

You don't see many on Porsche's, I've only ever seen other Akro systems on 7 GT3's where I think some we're an option from new.

TBH there are some other fantastic systems about, Kline etc. But you won't regret the Akro.

It's the slip-on race system, with wireless control.

Parts (new) are about £6.4k, according to the design911 website.

I'm buying used though, so not quite as much as that. I like the idea of the system being switchable, so I can turn the noise up/down as appropriate. In an ideal world, would have been able to buy a control panel with the PSE switch and use that to control valves (hence keeping it looking OEM).

Akrapovic claim +17hp / +30Nm / -9.9kg but I'm not sure how believable these claims are. I had the full Evo system on my E90 M3 (in fact will be selling it soon!) and it was amazing.

Hoping to get it installed in April and will report back. Thanks for the comments above !

Nik said:

I'm buying used though, so not quite as much as that. I like the idea of the system being switchable, so I can turn the noise up/down as appropriate. In an ideal world, would have been able to buy a control panel with the PSE switch and use that to control valves (hence keeping it looking OEM).

Akrapovic claim +17hp / +30Nm / -9.9kg but I'm not sure how believable these claims are. I had the full Evo system on my E90 M3 (in fact will be selling it soon!) and it was amazing.

Hoping to get it installed in April and will report back. Thanks for the comments above !

Are you on M3cutters?

I think you are in for a treat OP, I have one fitted to my 997.1 and it sounds a bit like this ;)

Wow. If my wimpy C2S could sound anywhere near as good as your 997RS I would definitely be in for a treat !! :lol:

:thumb:

I had one on my Renault Megane and is was brilliant on that.

Attachments

• img_1065_166.jpg
    img_1065_166.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 7,551
  • img_1065_129.jpg
    img_1065_129.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 7,551
Nik said:

Ive been toying with one of these for a while especially as I can get one through work, they are undoubtedly one if the not the best systems on the market.
Akrapovic power claims are general accurate but lower than many claim... However its worth nothing that the 17bhp increase is at 3850 RPM, whilst peak to peak power increse 3.2 BHP, that said the increse in at 3850 and the 30NM increse at 3650 will make it pull very well, and the noise they make is simply gorgeous. Im sure you will love it.

Nik said:

Akrapovic are top quality exhausts, I had a full system on my old Ducati, a thing of beauty, stunning fabrication and welding you don't see too often.

No reason why you can't wire it into a standard pse switch, I have done it on my Gen1. Much better than a remote unit.

DucatiRob said:
Akrapovic are top quality exhausts, I had a full system on my old Ducati, a thing of beauty, stunning fabrication and welding you don't see too often.

No reason why you can't wire it into a standard pse switch, I have done it on my Gen1. Much better than a remote unit.

Thank you sir! Would love to know how you wired in, if that's ok ? The exhaust is being installed by a well known indie, I found the install instructions on the Akra website, but would be good to know how to wire in for an OE look. Presume I need to buy a new switch panel ?

Nik said:
DucatiRob said:

Thank you sir! Would love to know how you wired in, if that's ok ? The exhaust is being installed by a well known indie, I found the install instructions on the Akra website, but would be good to know how to wire in for an OE look. Presume I need to buy a new switch panel ?

Nik, here is the link to my post:

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=116327&highlight=pse+retrofitting

The switch on the Gen2 may be slightly different but should be easy to work out! Also, not sure how the Akrapovic switch works, vacuum?

Let me know if you need any more info, it is easier than it looks in my post!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back