Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dash Cam - Serious Crash

Hopefully mine will never record anything as serious as that.

Should be seriously considered as an automatic fitment into your P&J though (imho). Insurance company asked me if my camera had recorded the accident I was involved in the other week. Didn't need the footage as the guy admitted full fault - he had seen the camera at the time and commented on it.

PS. Not suggesting the guy would have claimed otherwise in this instance but the camera would have shown otherwise.

FRZ 911 said:
Should be seriously considered as an automatic fitment into your P&J though (imho).

If I ever fit one it'll be as concealed as a face full of acne on a Newcastle lass's teen face. Too many stories of police seizing footage.

Scary footage. Decided to put one on my brand new Car in order to protect myself. A pity that Porsche are more worried about invalidating the warranty with a non standard fitment than they are about giving the average folk access to a safety feature.........

The OPC refused to fit mine...... gave lots of guff about interfering with canbus, can't remove trim to hide wires yada yada yada...... impossible when the camera is on piggy back fuses outside of the main system. It's no different than plugging something into the cigarette lighter.

Police where already chasing that car, I don't think they needed to camera footage :judge:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back