Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

modern classics magazine.

jono2200

Just read in this months modern classics magazine that the 996 prices are tipped to surge this year.. I for one think the 996 is massivly undervalued at the moment and hope to see the standard models appreciate by 30 odd percent.. who else thinks this will happen in the next 12 months or so.

:dont know:

My gut feeling says that the article was actually written 12 months ago and has been proved right.

That said, values of all cars in the £25k-£50K bracket seem pretty stable so there's plenty of room for cheaper cars to appreciate further.

It's a double-edged sword, though, even if it does (or did) happen.

Owners will start fretting about mileage and originality and actually enjoying driving them less and less. Enthusiasts will be less able to afford them.

I'd rather they just stayed nice and cheap.

EGTE said:
Owners will start fretting about mileage and originality and actually enjoying driving them less and less. Enthusiasts will be less able to afford them.

That's what the 997 is for :)

and in another 10 years, the 991.

Every single 911 has followed the same process - depreciate, hit rock bottom, appreciate.

alex yates said:
EGTE said:

That's what the 997 is for :)

and in another 10 years, the 991.

Every single 911 has followed the same process - depreciate, hit rock bottom, appreciate.

Very true. I have a guilty lust for a 991 (must be getting old....). Just tell me when to buy, please :thumb:

EGTE said:
It's a double-edged sword, though, even if it does (or did) happen.

Don't worry, as long as I own one, they are assured to stay depressed in value :sad:

I agree that the 996 models will increase in price (just like the past 911's) but not quite as big leap as the air cooled. Such models like the C4S will see greater rise than others. Especially high spec, manual, non sunroof + rare colour

I might have described my car unintentionally :)

Anyone with a 996 C2 Factory Aero kit, manual and LSD is in the money IMO.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back