Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted: 996 with full engine rebuild up to £20k

lewisf182

Looking for any model 996 with an engine rebuild, preferably hartech up to £20k. Not too mileage sensitive as long as if high miles key parts like clutch etc have been replaced at some point.

Prefer manual, happy with tip
Prefer any other colour than silver but would consider.

Black c4s with hartech is the ultimate model for me but i'm very open, as a minimum it needs to have had a proper rebuild with re lined bores to mitigate bore scoring worries.

Or buy a really good one now with it's original engine which is 95% going to be perfect anyway for a long time and should it be one if the very tiny number that encounter problems get it rebuilt then. Which could be years away. Or get a really good 3.4 for 15k and get the engien rebuilt yourself (althouhh again, the chances are it will never have a problem)

I'd be more interested in a RPM CSR project really if i was to get into rwbuilds of already good engines.

Cars that have rebuilds generally command a relatively small premium of 2-4k compared to a rebuild cost of £8K+, hence i think makes it worthwhile holding out for the right car. If one came up without in the low teens in good nick i'd definitely consider it though

Yeah seen that a fair bit. Problem is its been up a lot longer than others which have sold quite quickly indicating to me theres something wrong with it upon viewing, not really worth the risk when its a 4 hour drive from me

lewisf182 said:
Yeah seen that a fair bit. Problem is its been up a lot longer than others which have sold quite quickly indicating to me theres something wrong with it upon viewing, not really worth the risk when its a 4 hour drive from me

Or they're asking too much.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back