Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone running a 2011-12 987 Cayman R?

I've always been curious to know whether people who strip cars of every extra inc aircon to maximise performance and handling also put themselves through a rigorous weight loss programme.

:bike:

Robertb said:
I've always been curious to know whether people who strip cars of every extra inc aircon to maximise performance and handling also put themselves through a rigorous weight loss programme.

:bike:

I think if you optioned out the air-con you could probably just drive it in the summer & get the same effect?

Would save on gym fees.

Am off to take a look at that R on Friday afternoon... :driving:

Is there a decent buying guide for the R knocking about at all ?

Zingari said:
Boxsey has one and given he tracks, I gather he rather likes it :grin:

Indeed I do! :thumb:

Very, very happy with my switch to the R. I agree with those that say go for the original spec of buckets and spyder wheels. Mine's got PCM but I wouldn't worry about not having it. Aircon...I don't see the point of not having it in a modern car. I wouldn't go any faster without it and appreciate it when stuck in traffic on a hot day. I don't get the PSE 'must have' statement. The R exhaust is great as it is. PDK or manual is personal. Personally I'm enjoying PDK just as much on track as I did when I drove a manual.

This was a plan B, but it may have to become plan A as the car tax to import the 997 is just ridiculous...

Love the white ones! :thumb:

***** me that car is sublime to drive. If the 911 I'm off to try doesn't match up I'll be having it. Just wow.

Stuck a deposit down on it this morning, the 911 was just as brilliant in it's own way, but the chance to own one of these now just tipped the balance.

To say I'm excited is the proverbial understatement!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back