Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Leaky air con

chriscoates81

Suzuka
Hi guys, so my air con has a leak and im not getting cold air (System was regassed maybe 4 months ago). Wheres the likely culprit being that the rad and condensers where changed a couple of years ago? Im thinking the pipes that go around the jacking point as most likely candidates. I will also point out that it was quickfit that did the regas and that their machine didnt report any leaks.

Mine was the pipes by the jacking points, luckily 9E managed to reseal without having to replace the pipes.

This is where it was leaking from on my 1998 C2. It was a right job to get the rusted bolts out to get the joints apart, but after doing that I managed to get them cleaned up and new 0-rings fitted. I then screwed it all together and had it regassed.

MC

MisterCorn said:
This is where it was leaking from on my 1998 C2. It was a right job to get the rusted bolts out to get the joints apart, but after doing that I managed to get them cleaned up and new 0-rings fitted. I then screwed it all together and had it regassed.

MC

I take it it still holds pressure. I'm at a point now tho where unless its not much messing around, ill just get my local garage to do it (not quickfit, i only went there as regassing is easy). Its quite difficult to do these jobs laid on a drive and when its my daily driver i cant manage without it.

If the two hex head bolts come out it is pretty simple, the big issue I had was one of them rounding off and ending up cutting the head off then welding a nut on to the stud to get it out, once that was done it was straightforward. I was doing it on a lift but due to the proximity to the jacking points the access still wasn't great. If in a hurry I would get a good garage to do it, but be prepared for them to take some time to get the bolts out. I replaced them with stainless steel ones when it went back together.

MC

Mine went on the front to rear pipe under the doors. Small leak where it goes through the clips. Wasn't picked up on leak test tho

My leak is where the joint is just under the sill in front of the rear wheel. Very common place for them to weep.

alex yates said:
My leak is where the joint is just under the sill in front of the rear wheel. Very common place for them to weep.
My boxster leaks in the same place..In theory the aircon clutch shouldn't engage without gas in the system but I'm not so sure :?: Pretty sure mine is empty but it still engages..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back