Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PDCC

weejimmy

Anyone got any real world experience of it? Thinking of changing things up a bit when I spec my GTS4... :?:

Hopefully some positive responses coming as a car i've just bought (but not got yet) has PDCC

I have PDCC on my 991.2 Carrera S and love it. Car stays totally flat in the corners and with rear wheel steering I'm often left giggling at how capable the car is cornering. Some people have argued that PDCC gives a slightly artificial feel to the drive but personally I love what the tech offers. I haven't tracked my car yet but I suspect this is where the PDCC really comes into its own.

Had PDCC on my old 991.1 S and for normal road use I wouldn't bother with it.

Kryton said:

Can you elaborate on the differences? :thumb:

From everything I have read on PDCC. I must say my impression was that it was never really had answered the question.
I may well be way off, but it does appear to really do the job very well.
So far the only negatives were from opinions of people that didn't add it, rather than had it and did not like it.
I had two people independently state the same line, "I think all cars should have it".
There will be some perhaps that enjoy sliding a car about and fantastic drivers, but I admit I am not.
I have checked the box on my build, I can live with anything that might help prevent me from getting ahead of myself.
JMHO, like ar** holes, we all have them :floor:

Well, have tried a couple of 991.2 GTS's neither of which had PDCC and was happy with the ride and handing of both. So I am none the wiser but would rather order what I have tried and was happy with ... and not take a punt on the unknownt!

PS - Porsche Experience coach at Silverstone said to me that for track work PDCC is great, but on the road it just makes the suspension 20% stiffer so his view was probably don't go for it on a road car unless you will be doing a lot of track work and only then if its against the clock.

From my own limited experience I would not want the suspension any harder than it is now especially on poor British roads (having the sport suspension). I love the look of the lower car stance however you need to think of practicability. Also PDCC is not cheap, you may want to spend the same amount of money on something else for the car.

Yep. Done!

weejimmy said:
Kryton said:

Can you elaborate on the differences? :thumb:

Sorry just seen your post.

I couldn't tell that my old car had PDDC or not as it seemed the same ride as my previous model (no PDDC) but on the track it will stop most of the lean going to a corner.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back