Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone owned a Honda CRV?

Kimbo

My son will pass his test soon and my Mercedes Estate will have to go as it's too big for him.

Whittled it down to a Honda CRV which isn't that big but has masses of safety features.

Anyone owned one? Any good? Probably go for something like a 2006 model.

cheers :thumb:

Yep and it was bloody brilliant, in a can do a bit of everything way. Daft things like the table in the boot floor etc were great ideas. The only thing was i suppose it was a little thirsty but we drove all over the country in it and down to the lower part of France as well. Only really moved it on as the mileage was getting up there.

One downside I would say for an early driver would be the designated driver thing. As he would have the party fun bus everyone would be getting him to drive to the pub.

I've had three of them and they are best described as bullet proof.
The first one I bought was a 2000 model, paid £800 for it, drove it for 30k miles spent a bit on the usual brakes, exhaust, and a radiator. sold it a few months ago for £850! Cheapest motoring ever after 5 years
Engine is the V-Tec and whilst they are a bit thirsty they are virtually indestructible.
I think the best model is the 2003 onward, the diesel engine is not as economical as you might think and I've heard that in later models the 2.2 engine is prone to bottom end failure and replacement engines aint cheap, hence stick with the petrol.
All in all great little run about and would buy another tomorrow.
On the older models watch for rust round the rear arches and sills, good prod with a screwdriver will uncover any weak spots.

Wife had a 2007 top of the range one - absolutely great, apart from the air con compressor, which I believe is a known weakness.
Otherwise very reliable, light handling.
Downside for your son; not a babe magnet.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back