Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Time to say goodbye to the 993

jonttt said:
Nothing wrong with scratching an itch, enjoy :thumb:

Thank you! :thumb:

I thought I would write a quick post as it's been a year since I sold the 993 and moved in to an R8.

The ownership has been great. I really missed the 993 at the beginning. however after few weeks I really enjoyed the R8. I have done a few long trips in it and the quattro system is sublime. The r-tronic was very jerky to being with. I had it reset at audi main dealers. It is now much better to deal with. The stares are along the same line as the 993, but getting out of junctions are a little harder :oops:

I do miss the sound of the 993 especially with the gundo hack. I'm thinking of getting an exhaust mod on this car too.

Running costs have been much better than I thought too. The after market warranty and prep done by the dealer have kept everything low cost for me. I have had a major service for £600 at a well respected local. It passed its MOT with zero advisories and only had a blow out at 75mph. That was after running over some metal on the M1.

I think i'm going to drive to Tuscany in it in the summer.

I wonder who has my old 993?

:thumbs:

aak said:
............... I'll be coming back to Porsche in a year ...........

:whistle:

Hi Sirat

Your R8 looks fine and sounds lovely. Saw you driving it the other day.
Some mods to the exhaust won't hurt, you hear some seriously loud cars around town and no one bats an eyelid.

👍🏻

I've an eisenmann switchable exhaust on my R8 which transforms the car. I've also had mine a year and it was a great follow on to the 993. A bit quicker and just as engaging when pushing hard! My R8 will be sold now for no other reason than I just got my dream classic Alfa step nose.

stuttgartmetal said:
You rate the R8
Fancy one myself.
The C4S has to go.

Really? When are you thinking of selling? Yep, I've really enjoyed the R8. If you are in the area PM me. You are welcome to have a look around.

Yes, I've really enjoyed having it so far.
:thumb:

T8 said:
aak said:
............... I'll be coming back to Porsche in a year ...........

:whistle:

:grin:

I know! I'm surprised I haven't come back yet. I'm always looking though :wink:

Would be interested on who has my old car

Barryn said:
Hi Sirat

Your R8 looks fine and sounds lovely. Saw you driving it the other day.
Some mods to the exhaust won't hurt, you hear some seriously loud cars around town and no one bats an eyelid.

👍🏻

Hi Barry, thanks! It doesn't sound anywhere near as good at the 993

ChrisT70 said:
I've an eisenmann switchable exhaust on my R8 which transforms the car. I've also had mine a year and it was a great follow on to the 993. A bit quicker and just as engaging when pushing hard! My R8 will be sold now for no other reason than I just got my dream classic Alfa step nose.

Hi Chris, did you purchase the car with the exhaust mod or fit yourself?

I'm toying with the idea of getting an exhaust mod but wasn't sure about the £3.5k

aak said:
ChrisT70 said:

Hi Chris, did you purchase the car with the exhaust mod or fit yourself?

I'm toying with the idea of getting an exhaust mod but wasn't sure about the £3.5k

It was already fitted and what sold me on the car to be honest. Yes they seem expensive though for a proper system. Quick silver are a bit cheaper from RE performance but still 2k plus fitted. If you can, do it if keeping the car a while longer!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back