Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Air filter care?

Fuchs

Baku
Hello all
Changed the air filter yesterday in readyness for the summer - i had bought a paper Mann filter but upon taking out the old one it was totally diferent - surround was made of rubber and the filter itself was a metal gauge with what looks like material for the filter itself.No markings on it.

Im guessing this is some kind of performance filter?

Anyway it looks fairly substantial so i washed it out using engine degreaser, but does it need to be "oiled" or something?

I have fitted the Mann paper filter but thought id keep the old one as a spare.

:?:

Fuchs said:
Hello all
Changed the air filter yesterday in readyness for the summer - i had bought a paper Mann filter but upon taking out the old one it was totally diferent - surround was made of rubber and the filter itself was a metal gauge with what looks like material for the filter itself.No markings on it.

Im guessing this is some kind of performance filter?

Anyway it looks fairly substantial so i washed it out using engine degreaser, but does it need to be "oiled" or something?

I have fitted the Mann paper filter but thought id keep the old one as a spare.

:?:

if you oil it be careful not to overdo it. light coat only. what colour is the filter element? might be a K+N or a generic rip off

Thanks - Its black.

do i have to oil it?

:thumb:

No, bin it and stick to the paper one.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spilly67
Back