Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Another back to a 911 GTS... Hello again

JD27

Coming back to the fold since I departed with my 997.1 GT3 about 4 years ago.

Unfortunately had a bad experience in the end with the car as I found out that it was a Singapore spec car that was sold to me by an OPC. Only found out when I asked another OPC for a valuation when it was in for a small repair. I contact the OPC in question who said they had done nothing wrong and didn't see it as any different to another GT3 (funny that since they sold me the car in the first place). No other OPC wanted to touch it and the independents were all bidding me back a long way so was left in the only position where I sent it back to the original OPC on a sale or return basis where they sold it to someone else who was equally as trusting as me!

Anyway, that's over and done with and I've been slowly yearning for another proper car. Life's changed a bit and I now have two awesome boys 2 and 9 months so been thinking about what I could get as the mrs loved driving the GT3 as well.

We bought a macan gts from Porsche Colchester as a mate from work has a friend that works there so was hoping for better service and they have been fantastic, Chris is the sales guy, top bloke. The macan is a great compromise for the family but at the end of the day it's not a 911 and somethings just aren't worth compromising on.

I looked at mclaren 570 and 458 but in reality out of my price range. Then the r8 maybe until I read the issues palmball had experienced. Reading his thread I came to the same conclusion, there might be quicker cars out there but on the road 450 bhp should be plenty, and the online reviews of it were fantastic big thanks for the thread!

I also love a manual, pdk is fantastic gearbox so no slagging autos off on this thread but With the exception of unbuyable 911's r and new GT3 this is pretty much the most powerful manual ever built (I know astons have a manual and more power but i just don't like them). I also have 2 best little buddies who will want to join their dad in the motor at the weekend so deposit is down for a new 991.2 GTS!

Spec to be confirmed and will have some questions so TBC (bath time so got to shoot).... good to be back!

Sharing cars with junior petrol heads is the best. Sadly mine is getting a bit too big for the rear seats (pushing 5'4) which he is gutted about as apparently it sounds best from the back!

:thumb:

Final spec is

Miami Blue

Alcantara® Package GTS in conjunction with GTS interior package Rhodium Silver
ParkAssist (front and rear) with reversing camera

Electric slide/tilt glass sunroof
Privacy glass (rear side windows and rear window)
Side skirts painted
7-speed manual transmission
Front axle lift system
Rear-axle steering
20-inch 911 Turbo S wheels
GTS interior package
Cruise control

Automatically dimming mirrors with integrated rain sensor HomeLink® (programmable garage door opener)
Heated multifunction steering wheel
Adaptive Sports seats Plus (18-way, electric)
Seat heating
Smoking package
ISOFIX child seat mounting points on front passenger seat Extended interior package door panel in leather/Alcantara® BOSE® Surround Sound-System

JD27 said:
Final spec is

Miami Blue

Alcantara® Package GTS in conjunction with GTS interior package Rhodium Silver
ParkAssist (front and rear) with reversing camera

Electric slide/tilt glass sunroof
Privacy glass (rear side windows and rear window)
Side skirts painted
7-speed manual transmission
Front axle lift system
Rear-axle steering
20-inch 911 Turbo S wheels
GTS interior package
Cruise control

Automatically dimming mirrors with integrated rain sensor HomeLink® (programmable garage door opener)
Heated multifunction steering wheel
Adaptive Sports seats Plus (18-way, electric)
Seat heating
Smoking package
ISOFIX child seat mounting points on front passenger seat Extended interior package door panel in leather/Alcantara® BOSE® Surround Sound-System

:thumb:

Very nice specs and same colour choice I am thinking along with MT :D

Miami Blue - probably my favourite Porsche colour. Great choice!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back