Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC GT cars con.........

911TEL said:
Skelts said:
911TEL said:
3 of the cars have less than 500m on the clock but each have had 2 owners ..it just makes a mockery of the whole affair , it's almost as if Porsche Uk are saying that they ( and everyone ) know these cars are at a reasonable price "WE can't have Joe Public getting a good deal" , so they 'buy' the cars themselves ,or the Exec's best pal buys it, then sell it back to the dealership....
If I recall when the 991.1 GT3's were being flipped for decent profit by individuals , there was a noise from dealers saying that these people would not get any further allocation , but the have all these cars on there premises now which are obviously being turned over for the profit that they can reach ....
They are totally complicit in this scam ....

I agree that I think they must be breaching the consumer laws somewhere along the line l is there a challenge to be made in here ?

Skelts ,
Totally agree with your comments on the OPC trade in pricing scam as well , I had the same laughable offer on my 997.2 GT3 they offered around 20 k less than it was worth so I politely declined and went elsewhere also ...( different OPC where decent value given)
I enquired last year about a 991.1 GTS ( new) they had in the showroom , they asked me what I thought my car was worth in the deal (997.2 Turbo S at 7k miles ) i replied that I wanted them to make the offer then we could progress from there ...hum haw .' It's difficult as there are none in the OPC network to compare with ' ,to which I replied , ' yes ,they are quite sought after at the moment ,so what is your offer ?' ...
60k .....!
So the conversation went distinctlySouth where I to.d the smarmy git that he needed to remove his robbing b45tards mask and treat customers as with the respect they deserve and not try to con them out of their cars ....
I still go back to service my cars there but the 'sales exec' doesn't come near me feel I am browsing their stock ...👹👹

There still are no 997.2 Turbo S in their OPC network ....so I am keeping mine .......

Terry

Tel,

Well I'm glade its not just me, I remember the figures exactly. There was an identical car for sale in their own network colour, mileage, etc. identical. I know mine was immaculate, i'm quiet fastidious with my cars so It probably would have been in better condition overall, yet they offered me £20k less than the list on the other car.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on your 997.2 turbo S, I'm possibly about to push the button on purchasing one Monday.

Skelts,

If you are considering the Turbo S , I don't think that you will be disappointed mate....!
I find it is probably the most rounded car I could have bought .....I so.d a 997.2 GT3 them bought this .....and that was a great car , but for different reasons ..

It does everything anyone could ask with the greatest degree of ease possible ....it can pootle around town or blast the cobwebs away at the slightest notice ....
It looks fantastic from all angles and gives me a satisfying glow each time I come back to it ...it never ceases to please me ....!

On the road it is so compliant in all modes , ( sport plus aside ,when it's just like Concorde must have been !) ....I find myself finding excuses to take the long way to anywhere I go just to spend longer in it ...
The PDK transforms the car I think...it's so suited to the car. I am a fan of this box rather than the previous tiptronic, I had a turbo tip and couldn't get on with it , but to be honest , I probably didn't give that long enough or try hard enough with it ....

In an effort to make mine a little bit different visually and aurally , I have fitted 19" BBS CHRs which seem to give it a better stance, visually anyway rather than the 5 stud turbo II's wheels ( which I love also), which I prefer to the c/Ls but that is preference ...
I have fitted a Kline inconel exhaust with 200 cel cats to it to try to gain a slightly different , more throaty sound and the Kline has achieved that for me.Having said that, the OEM exhaust sounds pretty good when you give it the beans but somehow I think as its a turbo and the sound is slightly muffled , it's always a quest to try to make it something different.
The only issue I have had since fitting the Kline us that I have had alarms due to efficiency losses twice when pooling along ...I don't think the efficiency is optimum at low cruising speeds, but that may not be the cause but was the common denominator when the alarms registered.
All in all ...I am pleased with the car and haven't missed the GT3 at all on a driving experience PoV as the Turbo suits me better as a DD......

If you buy it , you will not regret it ...I am sure ....

Have a search for recent thread by Pzero..... He has recently purchased an S also ... He has put up a great write up ....

Good luck on Monday mate ....

Terry

Terry,

Thanks for the comments, I'll keep you posted. There are 2 Turbo S cars I'm considering.

back to the OP...

Just been on the Rennlist site and seen this post regarding allocation!

"I had put three deposits down with three different dealers.
Got a call from two dealers for me to put my spec in. The one dealer I gave a nice spec that I like with white paint. The other dealer I am shooting for the fence. PTS, euro delivery heavy option.
My "plan" is to drive the white one, and IF/WHEN the PTS car comes through at a much later date....I can sell the white one. I got lucky last time with a PTS car, maybe not so much this time.

OH.. both cars at MSRP.

Third dealer crickets."

This just makes my blood boil!!!
:frustrated:

jotaking said:
back to the OP...

Just been on the Rennlist site and seen this post regarding allocation!

"I had put three deposits down with three different dealers.
Got a call from two dealers for me to put my spec in. The one dealer I gave a nice spec that I like with white paint. The other dealer I am shooting for the fence. PTS, euro delivery heavy option.
My "plan" is to drive the white one, and IF/WHEN the PTS car comes through at a much later date....I can sell the white one. I got lucky last time with a PTS car, maybe not so much this time.

OH.. both cars at MSRP.

Deffo easier in the states to get one. I am still in limbo at the moment as I have had no phone call to tell me anything yet apart from I'm on the list :(

Third dealer crickets."

This just makes my blood boil!!!
:frustrated:

Skelts said:
911TEL said:
Skelts said:
911TEL said:
3 of the cars have less than 500m on the clock but each have had 2 owners ..it just makes a mockery of the whole affair , it's almost as if Porsche Uk are saying that they ( and everyone ) know these cars are at a reasonable price "WE can't have Joe Public getting a good deal" , so they 'buy' the cars themselves ,or the Exec's best pal buys it, then sell it back to the dealership....
If I recall when the 991.1 GT3's were being flipped for decent profit by individuals , there was a noise from dealers saying that these people would not get any further allocation , but the have all these cars on there premises now which are obviously being turned over for the profit that they can reach ....
They are totally complicit in this scam ....

I agree that I think they must be breaching the consumer laws somewhere along the line l is there a challenge to be made in here ?

Skelts ,
Totally agree with your comments on the OPC trade in pricing scam as well , I had the same laughable offer on my 997.2 GT3 they offered around 20 k less than it was worth so I politely declined and went elsewhere also ...( different OPC where decent value given)
I enquired last year about a 991.1 GTS ( new) they had in the showroom , they asked me what I thought my car was worth in the deal (997.2 Turbo S at 7k miles ) i replied that I wanted them to make the offer then we could progress from there ...hum haw .' It's difficult as there are none in the OPC network to compare with ' ,to which I replied , ' yes ,they are quite sought after at the moment ,so what is your offer ?' ...
60k .....!
So the conversation went distinctlySouth where I to.d the smarmy git that he needed to remove his robbing b45tards mask and treat customers as with the respect they deserve and not try to con them out of their cars ....
I still go back to service my cars there but the 'sales exec' doesn't come near me feel I am browsing their stock ...👹👹

There still are no 997.2 Turbo S in their OPC network ....so I am keeping mine .......

Terry

Tel,

Well I'm glade its not just me, I remember the figures exactly. There was an identical car for sale in their own network colour, mileage, etc. identical. I know mine was immaculate, i'm quiet fastidious with my cars so It probably would have been in better condition overall, yet they offered me £20k less than the list on the other car.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on your 997.2 turbo S, I'm possibly about to push the button on purchasing one Monday.

Skelts,

If you are considering the Turbo S , I don't think that you will be disappointed mate....!
I find it is probably the most rounded car I could have bought .....I so.d a 997.2 GT3 them bought this .....and that was a great car , but for different reasons ..

It does everything anyone could ask with the greatest degree of ease possible ....it can pootle around town or blast the cobwebs away at the slightest notice ....
It looks fantastic from all angles and gives me a satisfying glow each time I come back to it ...it never ceases to please me ....!

On the road it is so compliant in all modes , ( sport plus aside ,when it's just like Concorde must have been !) ....I find myself finding excuses to take the long way to anywhere I go just to spend longer in it ...
The PDK transforms the car I think...it's so suited to the car. I am a fan of this box rather than the previous tiptronic, I had a turbo tip and couldn't get on with it , but to be honest , I probably didn't give that long enough or try hard enough with it ....

In an effort to make mine a little bit different visually and aurally , I have fitted 19" BBS CHRs which seem to give it a better stance, visually anyway rather than the 5 stud turbo II's wheels ( which I love also), which I prefer to the c/Ls but that is preference ...
I have fitted a Kline inconel exhaust with 200 cel cats to it to try to gain a slightly different , more throaty sound and the Kline has achieved that for me.Having said that, the OEM exhaust sounds pretty good when you give it the beans but somehow I think as its a turbo and the sound is slightly muffled , it's always a quest to try to make it something different.
The only issue I have had since fitting the Kline us that I have had alarms due to efficiency losses twice when pooling along ...I don't think the efficiency is optimum at low cruising speeds, but that may not be the cause but was the common denominator when the alarms registered.
All in all ...I am pleased with the car and haven't missed the GT3 at all on a driving experience PoV as the Turbo suits me better as a DD......

If you buy it , you will not regret it ...I am sure ....

Have a search for recent thread by Pzero..... He has recently purchased an S also ... He has put up a great write up ....

Good luck on Monday mate ....

Terry

Terry,

Thanks for the comments, I'll keep you posted. There are 2 Turbo S cars I'm considering.

Pics will be good if you pull the trigger on it .....I'll put a bet on that if you test drive ... you buy ..!!
Get it in sport plus on open clear road then 'push to go'....... intoxicating .....

Terry

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back