Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Boxster underside damage !!!

mzmini

My daughter has a Boxster and has been suffering a few flat battery problems of late, its been on a charger for a few days but still flat so not sure if the charger is working correctly. I told her to call the AA out and ask them to jump start it then check the charge rate as its a new alternator last year, then also check the battery - has it the ability to hold a charge or is it FUBARed.

Now my daughter is very bright but seldom follows advice fully - I suggest join the AA/RAC she joins Green Flag!!!! but hey ho... Green Flag arrive but can't open the door as the battery is totally flat so he starts stripping out the wheel arch liner for half an hour to find find the bonnet pull cable.

We had gone to the meet at the Haven Café today and whilst have a bite to eat she texts to say he's not able to open the bonnet so I explained that the red power tag was in the driver's footwell and to power it up with 12 volts and pop the frunk. Great he's in! He then gets it started but failed to check the charge rate or the battery condition so we are no further forward on that front but she's a happy girl and back in love with her Porsche.

All is well with the world for 20 minutes then the dreaded phone number comes up - number one daughter and the words that make me tremble... "Dad", what now I reply, "the man has left all the trim under the wheel hanging down!", I said ring them and ask for a new mechanic to come back out and refit the liners. OK fine will do, she says.

My wife is driving home from the Porsche meet and the number from hell comes up on the phone again!!!! what now child I ask, well its like this dad the car is now hissing and water is coming out of the front corner of the car were the chap had jacked the car up to try to find the bonnet pull cable. He's only gone and damaged the brake pipe as well...!!She has spoken to Green Flag and they have told her to take it to a garage and get it repaired and send them the bill, what a shower of shite
:nooo: :nooo:

Sounds like a nightmare, unbelievable that he left it like that, no wonder he did a runner as soon as he could.
Is it definitely the brake pipe as the usual thing to damage with a jack is the A/C pipes and that would make a hissing noise.

Thanks Infrasilver she says its dripping fluid :dont know: I did suspect the A/C line myself but only guided by what is relayed over the phone to be fair my daughter is finally learning some thing she told Green Flag that it can only go to Ken at 9E and nowhere else end off
cheers
MZ :thumb:

Your daughter is not haveing a lot of luck with her car :(

Sounds like just a simple dead battery is going to garage it for a while and i doubt that mechanic will be with the company much longer !

Sounds like he jacked it up on the radiator mount :eek:

How bad Iain please big bucks ?

Demort said:
Your daughter is not haveing a lot of luck with her car :(

Sounds like just a simple dead battery is going to garage it for a while and i doubt that mechanic will be with the company much longer !

Sounds like he jacked it up on the radiator mount :eek:

I was thinking that! But then I can't imagine the mount and rad would take enough load to lift the car so you can get the wheel off? I would have thought the PU would have bent along with the rad mount, ripping the coolant hose and leaving litres of coolant on the floor.

Most common thing I imagine is for them to think they are on the jacking point when they have over-shot it by a few inches and caught the A/C lines. These then get crimped by the jack pad causing a hole resulting in hissing and a few mls of AC fluid dripping out.

Proper PITA to change those A/C pipes without a ramp mind. The pipe is about £150, changing it is about 3 hours on a ramp and then you have to re-gas.

If it was the rad mount, rad and hoses then you're looking at treble that at least...

Yep could be anything really but i was just thinking coolant and n/s/f :(

Cost is irrelivant as they are paying its the time factor it may be off the road a few days as parts are ordered for it .

Chris have you not got my home number ? i thought you had ?

No work only I think Iain :thumb:

Thanks Iain :worship:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back