Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 GT3 who's getting one ?

Any chance OPC will give me a slot for a new one with my reputation :dont know: I'll happily take a PDK spec :grin:

Disco said:
But how many miles have you put on it? 30000+ ? More?

No I've done about 9k I think, not going outside to look. I don't think they will refuse to payout because I've not done enough miles. It can be covered until its 15 years old by which time it will have done a good few miles.

I think the Dundon modifications for the 991.1 look interesting too.

Regards
Fred

Jcx said:
Must be time to meet up again Fred. I really would like to hear that engine from the inside :)

Indeed it must Joe, I'm starting to feel better too so time to get the car out.

I'll look forward to it :)

sad but true

I'd really like one, though i can imagine once they are out the £110K list price + optional extras + 'flippers reselling' who were lucky to bag one will make this a £140k + car...

:nooo:

FredGT3 said:
Jcx said:
Must be time to meet up again Fred. I really would like to hear that engine from the inside :)

Indeed it must Joe, I'm starting to feel better too so time to get the car out.

I'll look forward to it :)

Ok let's make something happen. :)

s2000db said:
I fancy a rant, so here goes....

I've been a loyal, though not the most prolific Porsche customer, buying only new, and spending several hundred thousand pounds on their products and services, over the years..

Despite following my dealers advice about to apply for a GT3 I've been told that they're sold out.. For the second time..

This is utter tosh and BS imo, there's no reason that the mighty Porsche/VAG can't produce these cars in unlimited numbers should they so desire, and hence this is restrictive practice, and I'm sure that a decent lawyer could form a case on a EU level against them..

Anyway my pockets aren't that deep, but I bet a class action suit could be very interesting...?

So I can't even beg to own a brand new car, which I'll keep and cherish, yet it appears that serial flippers and bloggers, can get their hands on these things, and profit out of them when they move them on. Thus allowing the dealers to make at least twice the profit on the same vehicle!

Despite my love for the brand, ( I refuse to pay overs for something that's not actually rare) I suspect my relationship with Porsche might be coming to an end, and that there might be better places to spend my £150K with...
Perhaps somewhere that might treat me as a customer and not an irritation, any ideas?

When the interest rates start rising, and sales of these trinkets start to falter, I trust all of you who are affected in a similar matter, remind the dealers who are now chasing you for some business, of how things used to be?

Trust me, what goes round comes round.....

Good luck all... :thumb:

+1 Couldn't agree more. :thumb:

Slap it into Porsche when previously loyal enthusiasts put their money elsewhere. Just amazes me that this potential outcome has not already been considered by Porsche HQ and volumes consequently adjusted upwards to meet market demand.

Im a different position from most of you, never been an owner so totally understand why I'm not getting one. Im in a position now to finally get one but it looks like it'll be a 991.1which aint so bad.
Ive never really had an interest in other marques in this bracket, always been Porsche i like but the way the car market is the now, people are just profiting from these cars and many ltd cars. Im a ford rs man and the way things have gone with that has ruled a lot of enthusiasts out the chances of obtain cars.

Disco said:
Senoj said:
pslot said:
cheapest .2 GT3 in Europe/USA is in the UK

USA - USD 144,650 .approx. £118,585
Europe - EUR 152,416. approx. £132,489
UK - £ 111 k

I can understand the US pricing, however the delta between uk and Europe is staggering.
Maybe there was more flipping in Europe than anywhere else in the world.

rates from xe.com at 18.31 on 08/03/2017

If I was Porsche the smallest allocation goes to the UK
.1 prices should remain firm because nobody will get a .2 ! :)

That looks like a massive bollock drop. Is it the same on the other models? Maybe Porsche uk hasn't caught up with post Brexit sterling yet and are just making less margin. The costs must be the same and in euro you'd assume.

Porsche engage in extensive multi-year currency hedging (all of which came out when the Volkswagen takeover thing was going on) so that is a major factor. As presumably is the different tax treatment of motoring around the world.

That said - prices are sure to go up eventually.

Sooner than later. Every car sold in the uk will be a relatively crap margin so supply will be scarce i think. Trouble is all the models are priced relatively so if they did launch the GT3 at the right money then it would have been about 5k more than a 991 turbo...thus all the current model prices would need to go up to stay aligned. Im sure they have hedged but its unlikely to be that great a deal. Every car coming into the uk is paid for in € so something has to give post brexit £ weakness.

4th knock back today!

On to the back up plan...

What would you expect the 991.2 GT3 premium to be?

I wasn't on the pulse for the .1 when it was released. That said, I have seen these as high as 165k?

My guess is 180k for one in November?

Will the 991.1 RS look like a bargain at £190?

jotaking said:
4th knock back today!

On to the back up plan...

What would you expect the 991.2 GT3 premium to be?

I wasn't on the pulse for the .1 when it was released. That said, I have seen these as high as 165k?

My guess is 180k for one in November?

Will the 991.1 RS look like a bargain at £190?

Oh, most definitely yes...any RS for that sort by of money is going to be the
ticket.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back