Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A/C for non a/c'd air cooled

Interesting, especially if all the old stuff can be removed.

I think that is similar to what Singer put in to their cars. However the cheaper options does mean you have to forfeit the sunroof:

e5dc5c093e1ad5115432525fce82cd395dac115e.jpg

For all matters A/C in a 993 I'd defer to Madalaa :thumb: Although since he's purchased a Vulva S40 with the 'holy grail' of Climate Control he might now have a different view :grin:

........ I am waiting until warmer weather to give an definitive opinion ....... but so far all I get is politeness when people see an old grey bearded man trying to edge out into traffic in a Volvo (Vulva) S40 ....... so if the climate control works well when it is 23c ....... I am born again and will sell the 993 ...... ;)

At the moment the Classic Retrofit system only fits the pre-964 cars which have a much simpler heating/ventilation system.

madalaa said:
...... but so far all I get is politeness when people see an old grey bearded man trying to edge out into traffic in a Volvo (Vulva) S40 ......

Are you sure? I'd like to point out that my reaction was to ask "who's that yobbo beeping his horn at me and gesticulating wildly?".

phelix said:
At the moment the Classic Retrofit system only fits the pre-964 cars which have a much simpler heating/ventilation system.

That's a shame. I quite like the idea of shifting the weight of the a/c system over the front axles instead of having that big compressor right out at the back. If it really only takes <1hp to run, and is lighter, then it's a great improvement.

There are a lot of recent developments in electric micro compressors. They will not give the ultimate cooling performance of a conventional belt driven compressor, that is working correctly. However, they are smaller and lighter.

likely to be some interesting retro fit applications in the near future.

Madalaa solution
Window_Winder_large.jpg

657o-500x500.jpg

You of all people should know that the 993 has electric windows and being ex military you should also know that string vests were designed for warmth ...... I am very disappointed in you Zingers ....... lol ..... ;)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back