Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 GT3, when will I actually find out if I'm getting one?

Called again today, no news yet on allocation! GOD DAMMIT THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!!!!

Bigfra said:
Called again today, no news yet on allocation! GOD DAMMIT THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!!!!

Speaking from past experiences, the call is usually made to you the morning
of the press release day at Geneva. I've been fortunate to have that happen
twice...

With a bit of luck there will be extra allocations...it does usually happen :thumb:

Popped in when I was passing today. Honestly, you want to have seen the looks I was getting. You would think they were giving me the car for free.

All the sales team were busy
:nooo:

Yes, it's always a pain to certain sales guys that you can't plead to give them £130k or so...

Mind you this is Porsche's fault, not theirs...

I pooped into my local opc yesterday and had a chat with the guys, they were pretty upfront with me but stood and chatted for a bit, that was unlike the last time i was in there!!
After emailing around 10 dealerships and them all having the courtesy to call back they were all very pleasant to me, it looks like it'll be a gen 1 i'll be going for later in the year, try and start building that relationship that they all spoke of.

It's a bit like when you went to a nightclub years ago and they told "regulars only"

How the fxxk do you become a regular if they don't let you in :grin:

Yes, would be interesting to know what expenditure over what sort of time period, entitles you to be one of the chosen few... And how that may vary from dealer to dealer... :?:

Yeah def vary from dealer to dealer and how much they like you! by all accounts i don't think they are getting many cars to start with, one dealership said 7, another around 15. I did have a sit in my first porsche, a gen 1 car but not the spec i would choose.

West London OPC got 12

Unfortunately one was not for me :nooo:

seanyboy said:
Yeah def vary from dealer to dealer and how much they like you! by all accounts i don't think they are getting many cars to start with, one dealership said 7, another around 15. I did have a sit in my first porsche, a gen 1 car but not the spec i would choose.

The thing that really gets me about the whole GT3 allocation saga is that the Gen 1 car that you may eventually purchase will be close to the same price as a Gen 2, have had 2-3 owners, maybe 5-15K miles, has some compromises on the spec and is maybe 2-3 years old. Yet the OPC is happy to punt this out alongside a new Gen 2 car (at the same price) sitting in the same showroom.

So, so ironic from a company that says that it does not profiteer from its normal volume models. :wall:

For me personally, much as I love the idea of a GT3 with my heart, my head says to give it a miss so long as this hypocrisy exists. :nooo:

Well, to be frank, this would all stop if people refused to pay over list for second hand cars...

These cars aren't rare, they're just part bin specials with slight variations on the base cooking models, imo...

s2000db said:
Well, to be frank, this would all stop if people refused to pay over list for second hand cars...

These cars aren't rare, they're just part bin specials with slight variations on the base cooking models, imo...

Have to disagree with you on the part bin specials bit. They really aren't mate :)

Bigfra said:
s2000db said:

Have to disagree with you on the part bin specials bit. They really aren't mate :)

Well the bodyshells are the same, and if they chose to they could make the engines in mass quantities, but hey we get each other's drift... :lol:

We've all watched Super Car builds show where they walk you through the build process. All the parts arrive just in time through clever planning software. There is no reason why we shouldn't be able to build an FZP special 911 for arguments sake.
They choose not to.

DRZ911 said:
seanyboy said:

The thing that really gets me about the whole GT3 allocation saga is that the Gen 1 car that you may eventually purchase will be close to the same price as a Gen 2, have had 2-3 owners, maybe 5-15K miles, has some compromises on the spec and is maybe 2-3 years old. Yet the OPC is happy to punt this out alongside a new Gen 2 car (at the same price) sitting in the same showroom.

So, so ironic from a company that says that it does not profiteer from its normal volume models. :wall:

For me personally, much as I love the idea of a GT3 with my heart, my head says to give it a miss so long as this hypocrisy exists. :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back