Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Topgear vs designTek valved exhausts

Zub-911

Silverstone
Is anyone running the topgear or designTek valved exhausts?
I am seriously considering them at the moment to replace blown PSE silencers.

Does anyone know if it is just a straight plug and play with the std PSE vacuum switch system?

thanks in advance for your help,.

Neil

i'm running the top gear ones and think they're great - one of the lads at work described the sound as being very angry! :D

They are vacuum based - the same i believe as PSE? if it helps the default setting with no vacuum applied is loud, don't know how that compares with PSE? :dont know:

They are the same exhaust. I've just bought from TopGear who did me a really good deal, matching the Desin911 price plus a bit of a saving. The service was faultless. Speak to Alex at TopGear.

I will be fitting them next weekend.
I don't know if they will be plug and play but I expect it will be fairly simple to connect the existing PSE wiring to the vacuum solenoid provided, even easier if you can re-use the solenoid in the PSE system.

I will be fitting mine to a non PSE car via a PSE switch instead of the remote key fobs.

I'm interested to know how you go on , when the time comes I'm going top gear via the dashboard switch .

Interested to know how much you paid and if it was a pick-up or collection.
Alex told me the best he could do was £810.
Did he match the design911 discounted price of £792.30 or just the standard price of around £830..
I think they should get discount for forum members sorted out.

#Aero said:
They are the same exhaust. I've just bought from TopGear who did me a really good deal, matching the Desin911 price plus a bit of a saving. The service was faultless. Speak to Alex at TopGear.

I will be fitting them next weekend.
I don't know if they will be plug and play but I expect it will be fairly simple to connect the existing PSE wiring to the vacuum solenoid provided, even easier if you can re-use the solenoid in the PSE system.

I will be fitting mine to a non PSE car via a PSE switch instead of the remote key fobs.

I have topgear valvetronic on my 997 had it for over 2 years and very happy with it. It seems that D911 were having issues with the baffeling breaking up on there's so they must have looked for a new supplier and chose topgear to make them for D911 As one member received his topgear set up from topgear and it was stamped designtek on it . :thumb: :grin:

toohey said:
i'm running the top gear ones and think they're great - one of the lads at work described the sound as being very angry! :D

They are vacuum based - the same i believe as PSE? if it helps the default setting with no vacuum applied is loud, don't know how that compares with PSE? :dont know:

can i ask how it sounds in the car, do they drone at certain rpm?

thanks

jibm said:
toohey said:

can i ask how it sounds in the car, do they drone at certain rpm?

thanks

don't seem to drone - in quiet i would estimate they are about the same as PSE loud? then in loud...... well they're loud - but not droney, i have the K&N cone filter setup so there is a bit of induction roar for the exhaust to compete with.

I agree not droney in the cabin but a nice angry roar from the exhaust I also have the topgear 200 cell big bore xpipe cats on mine :thumb: see vid below this is another forum members car but the same set up as mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26fjqA6eUt8

Phil 997 said:
I agree not droney in the cabin but a nice angry roar from the exhaust I also have the topgear 200 cell big bore xpipe cats on mine :thumb: see vid below this is another forum members car but the same set up as mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26fjqA6eUt8

thanks for the replies guys...i just need to hear one in the flesh now....anyone have them fitted near surry so i can have a listen?

thans

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartynT
Back