Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mis-matched rear LED light clusters

Gottans

Spa-Francorchamps
Morning all,

I went to have the rear light cluster changed this morning under warranty as it has water in it and apparently the new cluster has clear LED's whereas the original one has yellow LED's, this the LED colour when the lights are off.

I am wondering what people's views are with having one with yellow and the other with clear LED's?

They put the old light cluster back in and will raise a technical ticket with Porsche about it, personally I don't want the mismatch on the car as it just looks funny.

Thanks
Pete

if they cannot replace with the original design then they should replace both

Gollom122 said:
if they cannot replace with the original design then they should replace both

:agree:

:agree: :yeah:

:agree: Rest assured, if you were trading it in with any OPC, they would use it as a chip to knock some value off your car...

Cheers for the comments, I think having different lights would count against the car if looking at selling it.

I am hoping that the outcome of the query to Porsche is both clusters are changed particularly as the one they are not changing is exhibiting condensation but not bad enough to get it replaced under warranty.

Will update when I get a response.

Thanks
Pete

Update.

Well the query about the LED colour got bounced between the Porsche UK technical and parts departments eventually landing in Germany. Porsche have agreed to replace both rear light clusters with the modified clear ones under warranty.

I suspect that the other one starting to fail may have helped but I am happy with the result, dealer just needs to order the parts and arrange fitting.

Pete.

Good to hear you got the right result Pete, but how you ever considered running around with odd lenses I don't know.

I'd have lost the plot with OPC, but then again I can be a right pr**k sometimes.

I was just keeping the powder dry and waiting to see what Porsche would come up with, the back up plan was based on the other one as it is starting to fail and some excessive pressure washing :lol:

I have no problem having a good ole ding dong with them if necessary but not as a first resort. Agree it would look silly and my first comment upon seeing it was 'colourful'. Still got the result needed :thumb:

Cheers.

Very true, I often have to remind myself to try the nice and polite approach first.

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwarren1
Back