Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Just had the first proper drive out in the Boxster this year

kurlykris

Singapore
I had forgotten what an absolute hoot these fantastic little cars are to hoon around in :grin:

She hadn`t been out for a decent run since about November, and with both my other cars in the garage for MOT`s and servicing today, after the Boxster being done yesterday, I was forced to use her for work :D

An hours blast down the A46 with the roof down and jacket zipped up certainly wakes you up on a cool drab morning :thumbs:

Had mine out for a proper drive yesterday, interestingly to go and view a 996 C4S. After a disappointing viewing I realised what a great car I have already and is it really worth the large premium to sit in a 911. Jury is currently out on the decision.

Re: Just had the first proper drive out in the Boxster this

kurlykris said:
An hours blast down the A46 with the roof down and jacket zipped up certainly wakes you up on a cool drab morning :thumbs:

Best hangover cure ever!

.......after Gin.

:thumb:

IanG1 said:
Had mine out for a proper drive yesterday, interestingly to go and view a 996 C4S. After a disappointing viewing I realised what a great car I have already and is it really worth the large premium to sit in a 911. Jury is currently out on the decision.

I've had 3 Boxsters (a 986 3.2S, a 987 Gen1 3.2S and a 987 Gen 2 3.4S) the last 2 of which have been bought after going 911 shopping.

I've got a mental itch for a 911, but the reality is that the price difference between the 2 doesn't match the difference in driving experience.

And.... by the time you pay for the engine in the 911 to be put in the middle, where it belongs in any sensible car......... :p

They are a true 'revelation' as another thread has mentioned on here.
I've just got a 981 'S'. It's beautful, fully spec'd and presently is going through a through detail in readiness for April. :thumb:

They certainly sound great... I was a bit crestfallen to find that my mate's 987 S sounds much more interesting in the cabin than my 996, even with PSE.

The sound starts coming in nicely at 4k, but really hits the sweet spot at 5k!

Love it 8)

I did the air intake snorkel delete on my 986 and it sounds epic after 4k when you really boot it. :thumbs: :grin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back