Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 GT3 who's getting one ?

T8 said:
seanyboy said:
T8 said:
pslot said:
....... you may then get into a gen 1 2nd hand overstock situation and the gen 1 prices will drop below the 100 k barrier.

I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for that to happen. :nooo:

The ones on the market don't seem to be shifting at the prices they're st. Porsche in edinburgh have knocked 5k off there one in the last 4 weeks.

Asking prices might fall but there's a massive difference between where they are now and sub-£100k.

i agree, never said they'd drop that far, but they can't have cats sitting around for months not selling, or can they?

Roro said:
I'm hoping there'll be 2 new models announced:

- A GT3 (PDK only)
- A manual equivalent but branded something else and minus the rear wing, a 'cheapo' R for the masses... c'mon Porsche... you can do it .... brownie points to Porsche if they call it the ST

:D

Viper-Green-Porsche-911-ST-Ferdinand-Jersey.jpg

Do you know what ....? For me , There is no getting away from that has to be the best looking model of 911 ever .... I just think everything looks right about it .....I don't particularly mean the racing livery , just the overall model ....perfection ...I wish I had been a bit more market savvy a few years ago ...
T

seanyboy said:
I can imagine it will be an amazing experience choosing the spec and ordering one of these cars then actually picking it up.....do dreams come true?!!

I have only bought one new car from an OPC and the whole experience was thoroughly rubbish and blighted by appalling service and incompetence.
I personally would prefer to buy from an Indy or private in future- although obviously that's not an option if you want a GT3 straight from the factory.

There are loads of 991.1 GT3's on the market..... I can't imagine they will continue to hold on to value-??
Got to be good for true enthusiasts if Porsche do churn out lots of the new model with no production restrictions.......but that's like Rolex churning out lots of steel Daytona's-it ain't gonna happen- brand prestige is more important than all other considerations.

pslot said:
the original question was " has anyone got a slot".

Has anyone got a slot ?

deliveries are slated for summer/autumn depending on what forum you look at.

Im guessing uk deliveries wont occur till the 67 plate becomes available.

Left hand drive deliveries probably before that.

So who has a slot and a delivery date ?

No...sadly. Unless anyone is offering? ;)

This is what Car magazine say about availability:

Seriously - if you really want one then your best chance is probably to call OPCs on the other side of the channel and chase a left hook French/Spanish/Dutch allocation :?:

Disco said:
Seriously - if you really want one then your best chance is probably to call OPCs on the other side of the channel and chase a left hook French/Spanish/Dutch allocation :?:

EU friend has offered his slot. However apart from LHD it is also much more expensive than UK.

happy

Wow, theres an Anthropological doctorate in here somewhere...

This is a fascinating study of people and desires and smells like the Tulip market crisis...

Id love to be a fly on the wall at an OPC when they "decide" who gets a car.

Ive seen people saying that they are too cheap and should be more expensive so there is less competition...

You cant make this up...first world problems guys

I feel really sorry for the 911R buyers...and Im speaking as somebody who was "happy" to pay overs on a GT4 :wink:

cheapest .2 GT3 in Europe/USA is in the UK

USA - USD 144,650 .approx. £118,585
Europe - EUR 152,416. approx. £132,489
UK - £ 111 k

I can understand the US pricing, however the delta between uk and Europe is staggering.
Maybe there was more flipping in Europe than anywhere else in the world.

rates from xe.com at 18.31 on 08/03/2017

If I was Porsche the smallest allocation goes to the UK
.1 prices should remain firm because nobody will get a .2 ! :)

carkid said:
seanyboy said:
I can imagine it will be an amazing experience choosing the spec and ordering one of these cars then actually picking it up.....do dreams come true?!!

I have only bought one new car from an OPC and the whole experience was thoroughly rubbish and blighted by appalling service and incompetence.
I personally would prefer to buy from an Indy or private in future- although obviously that's not an option if you want a GT3 straight from the factory.

There are loads of 991.1 GT3's on the market..... I can't imagine they will continue to hold on to value-??
Got to be good for true enthusiasts if Porsche do churn out lots of the new model with no production restrictions.......but that's like Rolex churning out lots of steel Daytona's-it ain't gonna happen- brand prestige is more important than all other considerations.

As T8 says, I don't see a huge drop. Indication is that OPC's will get 5-15 cars and many of them have 60+ buyers. Potentially a few 991.1 takers out of the 45+ unlucky souls.

But I have a 991.1 GT3 so obviously biased. If they do fall so be it, the GT4 will fall too and if so I will buy one of those too. So won't be too unhappy with those two to play with.

The 991.1 is an epic car in its own right, sounds like the 991.2 is better, bottom line is every so often you have to dip your toe in the market and we all know that there is going to be a better model along every few years.

Also I've got an Evo VI in the garage I bought new in 2000 so quite happy to buy and hold.

Regards
Fred

Oh well. Looks like its not going to happen.

Took the 996RS to Silverstone on Monday. Was a glorious few hours.
She'll get overtaken by well driven 991s but who cares. She was great! Will console myself with that!

FredGT3 said:
carkid said:
seanyboy said:

As T8 says, I don't see a huge drop. Indication is that OPC's will get 5-15 cars and many of them have 60+ buyers. Potentially a few 991.1 takers out of the 45+ unlucky souls.

But I have a 991.1 GT3 so obviously biased. If they do fall so be it, the GT4 will fall too and if so I will buy one of those too. So won't be too unhappy with those two to play with.

The 991.1 is an epic car in its own right, sounds like the 991.2 is better, bottom line is every so often you have to dip your toe in the market and we all know that there is going to be a better model along every few years.

Also I've got an Evo VI in the garage I bought new in 2000 so quite happy to buy and hold.

Regards
Fred

It all gets a bit silly really-I mean, Fred- your yellow GT3 is the absolute business.....unless you are Mark Webber on a track day are you really ever going to need a 991.2GT3 over a. 991.1 or notice much difference?

It's telling that there has been far more written about getting hold of a new GT3 than the actual car itself.....

Absolutely agree Mr B, I bought my car to enjoy for years. I think a .2 will be better, how much no idea.

My 997 GTS was fantastic, I actually love the wife's little 986S too, all really good fun to punt down the right road.

Regards
Fred

pslot said:
cheapest .2 GT3 in Europe/USA is in the UK

USA - USD 144,650 .approx. £118,585
Europe - EUR 152,416. approx. £132,489
UK - £ 111 k

I can understand the US pricing, however the delta between uk and Europe is staggering.
Maybe there was more flipping in Europe than anywhere else in the world.

rates from xe.com at 18.31 on 08/03/2017

If I was Porsche the smallest allocation goes to the UK
.1 prices should remain firm because nobody will get a .2 ! :)

That looks like a massive bollock drop. Is it the same on the other models? Maybe Porsche uk hasn't caught up with post Brexit sterling yet and are just making less margin. The costs must be the same and in euro you'd assume.

Have put a letter of intention on but not heard yet... not holding much hope.

Not sure what I need to do to give a company my money? :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back