Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 2017 'Top Gear' Season 24

tallmat

Verdict?

Me, I thought it was great. Great chemistry between the 3 of them.

MLB good as leader but doesn't try to dominate the banter as Clarkson did.

Harris clearly knows his stuff, and Rory is funny but also knowledgeable.

I liked the occasional nod to the old series, but it ain't no rehash.

........ I enjoyed it ...... and it wasn't just because of the London black cab ....... ;)

Thumbs up here too. :thumb:

Regained some of the balance and objectivity lost in the previous series.
Some genuinely funny and awe-inspiring moments.
Good teamwork and respect between the 3 presenters.

The change of set and format worked really well. It broke the bond with old top gear to create it's new persona. Really surprised they didn't try that last year. There are many more years in the Top Gear brand after seeing this.
I didn't cringe once, which I couldn't say about the last series

some genuinely funny throw-away lines - seemed more natural, less forced and more entertaining than both GT and the last series of TG.

Big :thumb: from me!

It was obvious what was wrong with the last series - Chris Evans and his wacky ideas. No doubt that silly star in a Bini rally cross idea was his.

Nice to see it's as it should have been last series - worth watching.

:thumbs:

It was good. MlB seemed like he was reading less off the autocue.

Liked it. Not a classic but a good start.

madalaa said:
........ I enjoyed it ...... and it wasn't just because of the London black cab ....... ;)

I was thinking of you when I watched it Andy :thumb:

Wasn't your old cab by any chance was it?

Watching Extra gear right now...

Nobody has mentioned the lack of Stig...??
I didn't miss him, personally.

Entertaining :D

Halcyon said:
Watching Extra gear right now...

Nobody has mentioned the lack of Stig...??
I didn't miss him, personally.
I put that down to the fact that it was too wet? Thinking about it now it may be deliberate to further break links with old TG. No silly "Some say......"

Good start :thumb: And as already said above I didn't cringe once so look forward to seeing the rest of the series

Not quite as good as some of the older TG could be when on form, but watchable and far less cringeworthy than the Grand Tour.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back