Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Aventura Autumn Meet

Great pic there and a nice tactical manoeuvre :D

The whole 'life thing' got in the way of sorting an Aventura autumn meet in the end. Also the weather has been absolutely dire every weekend for the last 6 weeks! I don't mind taking my 993 out in the rain when required but it's just no fun if one can't stand around looking at each other's cars because of said deluge/s.

I think a nice little spring meet would be ideal. I may see what is going on at Brands Hatch. See if I can sort out a few laps for us Aventrura boys and then maybe some lunch at a nearby pub.

Best,

Matty

Nice one MattyR. Look forward to Brands or other destination you choose.

Yep, still up for this :yes: looking forward to it :).

That's excellent news chaps!

It makes sense too as the weather WILL be glorious and everyone can:

A/ Get all excited over summer of motoring ahead.

And

B/ Show off any improvements made over the winter months :grin:

Super stuff!

Matty

Jitstar said:
Hi Guys

Not long been a 993 owner, and is also my first Porsche. It just so happens to be........Aventura!

being based in the South East I'd be keen to tag along if this is still going ahead/hasn't already happened?!

Welcome :bye:

Whilst we wait for Spring to arrive and a meet to happen, could you throw some pics up of your 993? Really eager to see a newly resprayed Aventura 993 - your other post indicates you've gone all out on a restoration? :)

ch3tman said:
Jitstar said:
Hi Guys

Not long been a 993 owner, and is also my first Porsche. It just so happens to be........Aventura!

being based in the South East I'd be keen to tag along if this is still going ahead/hasn't already happened?!

Welcome :bye:

Whilst we wait for Spring to arrive and a meet to happen, could you throw some pics up of your 993? Really eager to see a newly resprayed Aventura 993 - your other post indicates you've gone all out on a restoration? :)

Yes I concur, pics please!

Hi guys

Apologies for lack of response, work has got in the way! Trying to post pics with my iPad to no avail, so will try when I'm back in work tomorrow.

Not really a restoration as such, but chose a full respray whilst fixing windscreen surround rust! Next up is the interior, which is pretty scruffy to be honest - but she is a high miler!

Jit

So what happened to this proposal? :)

I met up with Sutton earlier, he very kindly gave me a full demo of his tastefully improved 993, as I wanted to hear a car running 200 cell cats first hand I think it's made my mind up :D - thank you very much, Sutton! :thumbs:

Anyway, it reminded us about this thread - shall we make it happen for 2017?

Some pics from earlier:

kvAZXGK.jpg

sIjpuxg.jpg

pPPlySp.jpg

Great meeting with you Ch3tman.

The back to back comparison was an interesting exercise. The 200 cell cat brings benefits on many levels so I think you will appreciate them. Any thoughts on the LWF? :D

........ wonder what happened to "The Green Man" ...... I haven't seen him post in ages .......

Ohhh some nice pics with the twin aventuras! Well I am busy until May when early or late May would suit. June is good but not the tail end. Failing that July is clear!

I am in Tunbridge Wells area in Kent and easy with locale. Brands Hatch one Sunday morning for coffee?.. Thay way we all get to hoon it around the M25 when nobody is much around (sensible speeds natch).

Ch3tman is running B6/ H&R and I have B8/ H&R. We're both at RS+10 although set up by different places. There is a noticeable difference between the two set ups in terms of ride absorbancy and body roll.

The B6 felt very fluid with a good balance between comfort and handling at the expense of body roll at low speed. As a passenger, it felt quite close to standard suspension. Mine cornered flatter due to being a bit firmer but is a more nuggety over bumps. You don't really feel them but you can hear the suspension working below you.

If you can get a ride in another car with different suspension, you should then have some reference points.

A meet sounds good. I haven't been to Brands Hatch for a while so that works.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back