Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 GT3 who's getting one ?

Err..

and the public face of the Porsche GT department Andreas Preuninger has little sympathy. "We are not a hedge fund," shrugs Preuninger with characteristic bluntness. "We are a company that produces cars, we live because we sell cars and we have to make a profit to go on. So we cannot offer cars with a built-in promise to keep value for a small amount of chosen people, this wouldn't be fair."

Senoj said:
Err..

and the public face of the Porsche GT department Andreas Preuninger has little sympathy. "We are not a hedge fund," shrugs Preuninger with characteristic bluntness. "We are a company that produces cars, we live because we sell cars and we have to make a profit to go on. So we cannot offer cars with a built-in promise to keep value for a small amount of chosen people, this wouldn't be fair."

Well, Volkswagen have to make an awful lot of money to cover 'Dieselgate' and
maybe Herr Pruninger has been told to open the flood gates..I just don't see it
happening.
Maybe its not also fair that his company car is half a million euros worth of
991R...as he's also one of the 'chosen people'.

I didn't appreciate the exclusivity until I looked into it more, its only now I can afford a GT3 but now I appreciate that and these cars will probably go to previous customers.
I can imagine it will be an amazing experience choosing the spec and ordering one of these cars then actually picking it up.....do dreams come true?!!

seanyboy said:
I didn't appreciate the exclusivity until I looked into it more, its only now I can afford a GT3 but now I appreciate that and these cars will probably go to previous customers.
I can imagine it will be an amazing experience choosing the spec and ordering one of these cars then actually picking it up.....do dreams come true?!!

I've ordered and collected a GT3 new, it was no more of an experience than ordering a cayenne yet driving it was a better experience.

I'd prefer that they price the GT/R cars higher and make the amount they get orders for and then the price would make them exclusive and probably stop flippers.

Bund said:
seanyboy said:

I've ordered and collected a GT3 new, it was no more of an experience than ordering a cayenne yet driving it was a better experience.

I'd prefer that they price the GT/R cars higher and make the amount they get orders for and then the price would make them exclusive and probably stop flippers.

Ive never been in the position to order a new car like a Porsche unfortunately.
Is it a 991 GT3 you have?

seanyboy said:
Bund said:
seanyboy said:

Ive never been in the position to order a new car like a Porsche unfortunately.
Is it a 991 GT3 you have?

No pal, It was a 997 GT3 and since then the R was the one only 911 I wanted new. I left a letter in with Porsche saying although I didn't know the name of it I would like to buy a 911 with a GT3 engine in manual which wasn't quite a GT3 nor a standard 911. It was a vague description I admit and written when the 997 was the current 911. I'm just bitter the 911R wasn't built in numbers at the price they sold them at or had they marketed them at £200k+ I would of just said I can't put that money into one and been happy for those who were happy to pay the prices. :)

nick w said:
Porsche have always played the 'supply and demand' game on all the previous GT cars.

Not always. The 997.2 RS was where it all started - before that, if you ordered one after the reviews hit the news stands they would take your money. I even got glossy mail shots and a dealer call trying to get me to buy a 997.1 GT3 or RS, but it was a big financial step from my (at the time) gently depreciating 996 GT3 and I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. With the original 996.1 GT3, they actually struggled to generate interest for it in the UK market (which is why the UK 996.1 Clubsport is as rare as a 4 litre 997 even though globally the car wasn't really materially rarer than any other pre-991 GT3).

It all kicked off when the 997.2 RS came in though, where Porsche GB had a constrained allocation and it amounted to not enough cars to satisfy all of the people who had bought the earlier cars and wanted an upgrade.

That said : even with the 991.1 GT3, anyone who called their dealer when they did the announcement got a car (indeed - I had a sales call from my OPC of choice to see if I was interested in it). Waiting for the reviews would have seen you miss out though.

Disco said:
nick w said:
Porsche have always played the 'supply and demand' game on all the previous GT cars.

Not always. The 997.2 RS was where it all started - before that, if you ordered one after the reviews hit the news stands they would take your money. I even got glossy mail shots and a dealer call trying to get me to buy a 997.1 GT3 or RS, but it was a big financial step from my (at the time) gently depreciating 996 GT3 and I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. With the original 996.1 GT3, they actually struggled to generate interest for it in the UK market (which is why the UK 996.1 Clubsport is as rare as a 4 litre 997 even though globally the car wasn't really materially rarer than any other pre-991 GT3).

It all kicked off when the 997.2 RS came in though, where Porsche GB had a constrained allocation and it amounted to not enough cars to satisfy all of the people who had bought the earlier cars and wanted an upgrade.

That said : even with the 991.1 GT3, anyone who called their dealer when they did the announcement got a car (indeed - I had a sales call from my OPC of choice to see if I was interested in it). Waiting for the reviews would have seen you miss out though.

It started a little earlier...I wanted a gen 1 997 GT3 in early 2008, and I couldn't get one for love nor money. I got myself conned into buying a 997 4S

Already been told I'm not getting one!! :-/ will hang off and see if Gen 1 cars prices are affected.

gen 1 prices will probably soften when
people that have gen 2 allocation get their gen 2 cars and trade in their
gen 1.
you may then get into a gen 1 2nd hand overstock situation and the gen 1 prices will drop below the 100 k barrier.

pslot said:
....... you may then get into a gen 1 2nd hand overstock situation and the gen 1 prices will drop below the 100 k barrier.

I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for that to happen. :nooo:

T8 said:
pslot said:
....... you may then get into a gen 1 2nd hand overstock situation and the gen 1 prices will drop below the 100 k barrier.

The ones on the market don't seem to be shifting at the prices they're st. Porsche in edinburgh have knocked 5k off there one in the last 4 weeks.

seanyboy said:
T8 said:
pslot said:

The ones on the market don't seem to be shifting at the prices they're st. Porsche in edinburgh have knocked 5k off there one in the last 4 weeks.

Asking prices might fall but there's a massive difference between where they are now and sub-£100k.

T8 said:
seanyboy said:
T8 said:
pslot said:

Asking prices might fall but there's a massive difference between where they are now and sub-£100k.

All depends how many new ones get built.

the original question was " has anyone got a slot".

Has anyone got a slot ?

deliveries are slated for summer/autumn depending on what forum you look at.

Im guessing uk deliveries wont occur till the 67 plate becomes available.

Left hand drive deliveries probably before that.

So who has a slot and a delivery date ?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back