Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Unrecorded GR 996 GT3 via Copart; LX53NRN Updated!

Just wondering that as the seller now knows the damage history is there not a legal obligation to mention this? Or at least remove any implied fact that it is 'perfect'. Would this be caught under miss-selling of goods, now called consumer rights act...

:?:

Stuart said:
Just wondering that as the seller now knows the damage history is there not a legal obligation to mention this? Or at least remove any implied fact that it is 'perfect'. Would this be caught under miss-selling of goods, now called consumer rights act...

:?:

Stuart, you're bang on...now that they're aware, they surely have to disclose the information.

nick w said:
Bund said:
Apart from what someone is willing to pay for it, what is the consensus on its value?

Given its history...something in the mid to high 40's. :eek:

In fact, if I was the seller, right now, I'd take that sort of offer very seriously.

Ditto, as a damage repaired its worth at most 2/3rds what a clean car would be. And that would be with full repair documentation and Autolign certificate. Things that I'm guessing this car does not have...

the ad has been pulled from pistonheads and ebay. good it should be.

any damage should be declared as its a misleading advert and should be reported to trading standards and the host of the advert.

Pip I would rather not post what she said....I am just glad the cat is out of the bag and that she was trying to mask it as superficial damage and it had a good paint job, and she did not really know much about it etc.

yeah like *****!! its been damaged and your advert is all wrong. its not worth £70k and you won't get it.

Hello to everyone,
I am Emily the owner.
It has recently been brought to my attention that there are various truth's and lie's flying around about this car on here. So here it is:
I bought the car damaged yes. The bumpers and lights were on the car on arrival at the auction facility. Someone removed them, i'm yet to find out who/why.
I had the car inspected by an engineer who assured me there was no chassis damage to the vehicle and it required front and rear bumpers, 1 rear lamp and 1 wheel.
I contacted BBS and some other wheel companies looking for the one replacement but as i'm sure you all know they are very hard to find.
I took advice on which wheels to choose and the general consensus was the factory original GT3 wheels would be best.
I bought 4 which were in near perfect condition minus once small curb mark on one, i send all 4 off to Lepsons for a full re furbish to ensure they were all the exact same colour, finish etc.
There was no suspension damage only it had been loosened and the wheel pushed out. I was advised that this may had been done just after the incident to claim more out of the Insurance (speculative opinion) i cannot confirm this.
None of the suspension required replacing.
The rear spoiler had a crack in the carbon and the end plates missing, unsure what was best to buy a new carbon one or an original GT3 one i left it as repaired and matt black. I have since learnt this perhaps is a little 'amateur' to quote on you folks so i have ordered the end plates and will attach.
I also replaced some other minor bits: 1 rear heat shield, 1 chrome exhaust tip, 1 plastic wheel arch liner.
I chose a bodyshop in Brighton who do all the big Insurance companies bodywork, one of the higher end, more expensive choices but i wanted to make this car perfect, in fact thats all i wanted to do from the beginning.
i have spent months and months and a lot of money ensuring all of this was done to the highest standard.
I met Ken at 9E who was very helpful and knowledgeable (thank you if you're reading this) and they did a geo check which proved there wasn't any chassis damage whatsoever.

Nick, you contacted me posing as a buyer, you claim you were following the car too which perhaps you can confirm? so i was 100% honest about the damage, i was the one who provided you with the pictures and information you have shared with everyone. At no point did i speak badly to you or tell you to mind your own business (many would) so i am not appreciative of you questioning my honesty. However I wish you all the best with that Porsche you mentioned.

I will add a lot of what i have written to the advert and I am happy to answer any questions from prospective buyers
Thank you

At the end of the day, the fact was demonstrated that you were selling and pricing the car as if it was mint condition, which is a serious misrepresentation and a breach of site rules which is why your original 'private' advert from this site was removed and further trade adverts have been discussed. You also misstated the position of Nine Excellence in your advert to their involvement in the car post the repair, which Ken from 9E has now clarified in an earlier post.

As shown from the copart salvage link (from where it was bought after the Insurance write off) the damage certainly wasn't up in the realms of where most Copart Insurance write off cars end up. However, if you are now claiming that there have been lies quoted, then I suggest you contact to the site by email to clarify these positions.

The GT3 world is very small, the car has been track damaged, which although may not be extensive it is still a damaged & repaired car. Subject to the correct checks it will ready for it's next owner as long as it is priced and described correctly, which to date it has not.

Well at least this time it referres to its past, shame they weren't as honest first time round.

MANY DEALERS WOULD CHOSE TO HIDE ANY PAINTWORK DONE ON CARS, IN MY OPINON IT'S UNLIKELY THAT OTHER CARS AROUND THIS AGE HAVE HAD NO WORK WHATSOEVER
WHAT MATTERS MORE IS THE QUALITY OF THE WORK AND THE INTEGRITY OF THE SELLER.

Daft money for a crashed gt3. £60k tops.

Immaculate ones with no damage dont even fetch that.

It had more than bumper damage and had some rear chassis.

Maybe put the pics up of the damage and let the buyer decide?

Yeah - they are decidedly understating the trauma that that one went through...

I am still waiting for the black one that I wrote off in 2011 to re-emerge back on to the market to see how that ends up described though.

[At the time I thought it would be cubed, but it ended up back on the road and someone out there was enjoying it between 2012 and when it was SORNed last year. If it turns out to be in the hands of a genuine long term enthusiast who shows up on here then I still have the first half of its history for them].

At least the spoiler has been sorted :D . Purchased from 9apart ? She seems to be a Qashqai dealer which is perhaps pronounced 'Crash car' :D :D :D

Sorry I could not resist.

At least there is an indication of the previous damage although 9e's statement on the previous post didn't really lead me to believe all was as well as has been intimated. I could have misunderstood 9e's post though.

I wonder what happened to this bit:

"The rear spoiler had a crack in the carbon and the end plates missing, unsure what was best to buy a new carbon one or an original GT3 one i left it as repaired and matt black. I have since learnt this perhaps is a little 'amateur' to quote on you folks so i have ordered the end plates and will attach.

I don't see any end plates or the carbon fibre spoiler. A little quick to put out the fire and clearly did not want to spend anymore money over and above the OEM surf board.

Possibly optimistic with price :eek: .

Pip

Previous thread: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=118405&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Cunno said:
Seller says "WHAT MATTERS MORE IS THE QUALITY OF THE WORK AND THE INTEGRITY OF THE SELLER."

Come off it love, you've tried to sell it privately on here, got outed & the ad taken down. Then you try to palm it off SOR with Kent Cars by being "economical with the truth". It's now on the PH "GT3 & RS avoidance" thread and you are still not being completely honest about the extent of the damage & details of the repairs. You need to woman up & realise that you over-paid for the salvage, the repairs weren't as cheap as you hoped & that if you want to move it on you need to trim £10-15k off your asking.

The integrity quotient is pretty low on the evidence so far...

Disco said:
Yeah - they are decidedly understating the trauma that that one went through...

I am still waiting for the black one that I wrote off in 2011 to re-emerge back on to the market to see how that ends up described though.

[At the time I thought it would be cubed, but it ended up back on the road and someone out there was enjoying it between 2012 and when it was SORNed last year. If it turns out to be in the hands of a genuine long term enthusiast who shows up on here then I still have the first half of its history for them].

Did a lady buy it/was it a Cat-D?

Absolutely spot on nick.

Load of horse sheet and paid way over the odds for salvage, spent too much on that and repairs so trying to recoup.

It's worth 15-20% less than asking I would say.

It will never sell at 70k unless some poor sod in Hong Kong or aus buys it but people do their homework and will find out.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back